Question about Lehua Soprano Long Neck and Soprano Ukes in general.

psesinkclee

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the forum, so I hope this is in the right section, and hasn't been asked before.

I'm looking to get a new uke and stumbled upon this little guy. I guess you could call it a super soprano, since it has the soprano body and concert neck/headstock.

I was just wondering if anyone here has tried or owns one of these ukes. My big worry about buying it is the fact that the tuners are frictioned and not geared. The Uke I have now is a Mitchell MU-70 from Guitar Center that has geared tuners and holds tune very well. I was looking into soprano sized ukes and thought this was pretty nice to have a familar sized fretboard.

You can see it here (second fromt he top): http://www.ukes.com/lehua.html

I'd also accept any suggestions on a soprano under or around 250$ because I'm looking for a uke to bring with me while traveling.

Thanks ^_^

hmm I know that these Lehuas are made of acacia, a close relative to koa. so the sound will be similar, but not exact. oh and i heard that Lehuas and Cordobas are made in the same factory, and I know that Cordobas arent really known for their craftsmanship quality. If anything though, for the price range of the Lehua super soprano, youre getting a lot more than you would with a laminate.

Bumping this thread to see if anybody has recently played any Lehua ukes, specifically their longneck soprano.

Thanks!

sorry not much help, but i did play one recently and i reallly did like it. i just can't remember how it sounded like. i played more than a few `ukulele that day so it got lost in the crowd and i was truly there looking for a pineapple and I already had a koaloha ls standard. what i do remember was it was nicely made. nicely balanced with a long neck and the intonation seemed fine up and down the scale. felt very nice in MY hands and the fret didn't seem too big or wide. it wasn't as bright as the koaloha but how many `ukulele are? i'd certainly consider picking up a tenor if i see one at the store (Music Village in San Jose) next time i go.

Last edited:
I suspect they are made at the same location as the Cordoba Ukes but they are the best of the batch.....

I have a tenor and was considering a long neck soprano but I got a great deal on a Koaloa super soprano....

The tenor sounds very nice (d'dario titanium strings) no bad habits.... If youre interested in a tenor I'd let it go for 250.00 shipped conus (gig bag included)

I have around 30+ (not counting the ones my wife doesn't know about)

I had the Luhua Traditional Tenor and it sounded great.. Only reason why I let it go is because I picked up a Koaloha to try :D

Never really played the long neck soprano but the folks that tried my ole tenor were normally surprised on how good it sounded

Top Bottom