Kala All Solid Spruce/ Lacewood Soprano Deal

http://www.theukulelesite.com/kala-ka-aslas-spruce-lacewood-solid-wood-soprano.html

Looking for a first ukulele. Is this a real steal? Anyone know anything about the uke?

Thanks

I'm not sure I'm qualified to really answer your question being a pretty raw beginner myself, but I too found the deal too good to pass up.

I've been looking for a tenor, but thought that a soprano would be a good size to travel with, and I really liked the look of this Kala. So while waiting to find the right tenor (look out for a NUD post tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll like the Kanile'a K-1T that's due to arrive at my local store tomorrow... can't wait.. but I digress). Anyway, back to the solid lacewood/spruce Kala soprano. It's loud for its size. And bright, which I put down to the spruce. It's very light - I think I weighed it at 14oz, so it's a cinch to hold and play. The top is thin - very thin - but no issues so far, and I presume that's why it's loud (?). I think it's a great looker and I really enjoy playing it. I like the friction tuners which give it a trad look, though they take a bit of fiddling to get in tune.

Overall I've really enjoyed it as a first uke, and probably pick it up every other day (alternating with a borrowed tenor). And at the price (I presume still going for $169) I thought it a great deal.

Good luck in your decision! If you get it do let us know what you think.

Rough, the six reviewers on HMS seem to love it.

Good find.

I don;t have it, but I have had many ukes, and the spruce top ones--especially for smaller sizes, to me--are indeed gorgeous sounding. Plus, those friction pegs sound tidy and nice.

If you're in the market for a new soprano, seems like you couldn't go wrong with that one. (don;t wait too long, those reduced price ones go like lightening)

But, keep in mind, Aaron doesn't come at the bottom of the box. I know--I've looked. lol

I've had the chance to play wadleysf's Kala sprucetop/lacewood soprano. I'm a Kala fanboy anyway (my first ukes were all Kalas) but I really like the sprucetop lacewood soprano, and I think that if you like the sound - it's a bit bright - it's a steal at that price.

Top Bottom