Aurora Strings?

DHutto

Reaction score
Has anyone out there been playing with Aurora strings? If so, how do they perform? How do they sound? And how do they compare with Aquila Nylguts? I know that they are Silkgut, but I would just like to know some about these strings.

The multicolored option seems pretty cool. A way to add a little distinction and "bling" to your uke.

Thanks Uke Nation!

Aloha Dave,
Maybe you can PM Uke Republic Mike....I think he has them and sold them before.....

I have them on my U900 Rabbit and they are very similar to Aquila Nylguts, but I experienced a noticeable loss of volume with the Auroras vs. Aquilas on that particular uke. YMMV.

I have had them on several ukes, I found them brighter than the normal AQuila strings (They are made by Aquila BTW)
they are also glossy

I was in the PuaPua store near the beach (Waikiki) this summer and saw them replacing strings on a Tenor with the aforementioned Aurora 'Rainbow' strings. Looked so good I got a set and replaced the the Aquilas on my Kala Soprano Travel uke. I'm constantly getting approving comments on them, and they sound great (to me).

I agree that they do not sound as 'bright' (therefore - loud) as the Nylguts, but I like 'mellow' :)

I'd like to get more sets for some of my other ukes :)

keep uke'in',

Last edited:
Top Bottom