Koolau, PONO ATSH5-PC Mint Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Koolau, PONO ATSH5-PC Mint Condition, 1st Quality

Hi, NEW Price $675. Not a Second, Perfect as New
I'm about to take receipt of a new custom made tenor ukulele to be announced. Meantime I am selling what has been a very beautifull tenor,
purchased to carry me through the Moore Bettah wait. It has done its job splendily and if my wife would allow my collection to grow beyond 4 then I would keep it , its a great player with a full rich sound and very playable action.
This is from Pono Pro Series, there top of the line handbuilt models as you will see in the pics below. It is virtually better than new as the wood has had a chance to open up suring the 6 months I have owned it.
Koolau lists this uke for $1099 and and HMS has them now for $969.
I want $675 delivered in CONUS , payment by Paypal without a fee at my end. You can now pay with Paypal without a fee at either end, ask me how.
The following are its specs: Pro Classic Series 5 Acacia
Pono ATSH5-PC
• Solid Acacia Top,back and sides
• Rosewood faceplate
• Ebony fingerboard, and bridge.
• Ebony Bindings
• High Grade Abalone rosette
• Pearl logo and position dots.
• Bone nut and saddle.
• Gloss Finish
• Slotted Headstock
• Adjustable Truss Rod
• Uke Crazy Hard Case

InCaseUU.jpgPonoBack.jpgPonoNeckBody.jpgPonoSides.jpg

Attachments

• PonoSides.jpg
    PonoSides.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Ok, to move this one along I'm offering , for the first time, this option. If you don't love it, when you get it, send it back in 48 hours (in mail) in same condition as you received it and I will offer a full refund, not including return shipping. In case you didn't notice I dropped the price to $725, same terms. I am selling at virtually 20% less than my cost new and this ukuele is in new condition, not a mark on it and plays like a dream . A great step up for you beginners and intermediate uke players.
Now thats a deal.
Bob

My uke teacher plays one of these. They are very good looking and sound fantastic. These are not the mass produced Acacia Pono's.

Thanks, and yes these are hand made under Koolau supervision in limited quatities, they look better than ukes costing twice as much and play better as well. Their price is going up as well.
Bob

Thank you Rberlin. It seems that the Pono brand has had previously less then stellar reviews, problems with the stability of the top sound box surface existed, but never a problem with the sound. Insufficient bracing was the cause. I have owned earlier high end models and experienced the same problems, distortion of the top sound surface causing a lack of confidence as to future performance. I am pleased to say that those problems are solved entirely without compromising the sound , which is still superb.
I cannot speak for the low end products, I have not owned, but when it comes to the 5 series I can definitely say Pono is now ready to be judged with the best in build quality and SOUND.
Bob

Last cal at $700 untill end of weekend. Then I keep this beauty for myself, and take the wife's stink eyes.
Bob

You have a PM waiting.

...Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom