Tell me about you Blackbird uke and Stings?

iDavid

Reaction score
I played a Blackbird uke this summer and was pretty impressed. It was fairly expensive and I passed on getting one. Since then I bought a nice Martin Guitar and had put the uke aside.

I had a hand injury a few years back and thought all was well. HOWEVER, it appears that the guitar and my hand do not get along, but uke is just fine. So, I have this guitar that I could trade back in and get the uke. I could also just sell the guitar and make a bit more money, but selling can be a pain in the neck.

Anyway, I was wondering for the few people who have a Blackbird uke, how do they like it over time. Have they tried other strings and what are their impresses of them. Also, do you prefer it high of low g?

Thanks!

Hi David, I really like mine. They come standard low G D'addario's (wound low g). I changed the strings to freemont blacks low G. Going to experiment with making a compensated saddle to dial in the intonation a little better. Have ordered a couple of Tusq saddle blanks.

No humidity concerns and won't hesitate to take it boating and camping. It won't matter if it gets rained on.

Do you think the tone and volume compare well to a K brand uke?

It's different, that's for sure. Volume is louder in my opinion. I've only played the Kamaka & Kanilea though. If your really worried about it, order it from the factory. They give you a 3 week return policy if you don't like it.

Top Bottom