Vintage Kanile'a 6-String

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
Vintage Kanile'a 6-String- Price reduced!

Easter price reduction- $750 shipped

I present a
"classic" (predates TRU bracing) K-1 6-string Super Concert (concert body with a tenor neck) uke from 2004. This is listed as a custom, though I am unsure exactly why. From the original invoice, this uke features: Curly Koa Body, Curly Koa Fretboard and Bridge, Chrome Open Grover tuners, and Internal Electronic Pick-up. Other features worth noting- Abalone fretmarkers on the fretboard and side of the neck (for right-handed players). No knicks, scratches, or dings, though there is some minor finish crazing on the back and sides. This can only be seen in direct light at the right (wrong?) angles. I would rate this uke's appearance a 9/10. Full disclosure- the passive pickup works just fine, but the technology is 8 years old, so it doesn't sound as clear as a modern pickup. Any questions, feel free to ask. I am asking $850 shipped anywhere in the US by my preferred shipping method. Comes with a Uke Crazy hard shell case and two sets of Aquila strings. It was recently restrung with Hilo strings with the C and A courses in octaves. The buyer will also receive the original 2004 invoice, care instructions, and Kanile'a Traditions and Techniques. International shipping may be available with higher shipping rate and buyer covering any import duties and other fees.

IMG_1453.jpgIMG_1454.jpgIMG_1448.jpgIMG_1449.jpgIMG_1450.jpg

Sound samples:
https://soundcloud.com/tigeralum2001/kanilea-sample-1
https://soundcloud.com/tigeralum2001/kanilea-sample-2

Last edited:
Nice price on a quality 6-string. These Kanile'a 6-strings sound so good.

Wow nice uke..

This would be something nice to have if you have a little tax return money. I have references, if needed. PM me.

I may be wrong here, but I'd guess it's considered a custom because of the fact that it's a six-string on a concert-sized body? I've never seen that anywhere else!

I may be wrong here, but I'd guess it's considered a custom because of the fact that it's a six-string on a concert-sized body? I've never seen that anywhere else!

The 6-string uke is a standard configuration tenor for Kanile'a, it's just more rare than a 4-string. The sound of the 6-strings is very full and has more volume than a 4-string.

Odd; I thought a K brand 6-string for less than 1K was a good deal. Any offers? If I put it on eBay, I have to pay the fees, so I would rather avoid that and send it to a good home.

If I just didn't acquire a K1T, I'd be very much interested. I've got to say, their finish and koa are beautiful. I just want to sit around and look at it. It plays and sounds as good as it looks too. It' kinda slippery though. not sure if I like it that glossy on the neck. but it's purty too. I wish.............

One more bump before sending it to eBay. This is a great uke and it deserves a great home. Plus, it is tax return time... don't you deserve something special? :)

Wow this uke is still here....good luck CJ but I know you'll miss this one... :) yes this is not a common made uke, for all who wants a nice and cool uke...

Come, on UU! You know you want it! Tax returns should be in the bank or on the way... This is a really nice uke!

Come, on UU! You know you want it! Tax returns should be in the bank or on the way... This is a really nice uke!

He's absolutely right! It is a lovely instrument. Thanks Tigeralum2001 for letting me play it yesterday at the NorCal Uke Fest. Good to meet you and the other UUers who were there. With your recent MB addition I can see why you'd not be giving this uke the attention it deserves! Hope you find someone else to appreciate this great super-concert soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom