The great Ed Grosso

drbekken

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgrosso?feature=watch

This guy may be a little rusty, but his knowledge of the fretboard and ways of chording a song is just fabulous. I have watched all of his videos many times and learned a lot. So, if anyone else here on UU could pick up some old school jazz tricks too; wouldn't we all be happy?

Your playing is wonderful also drbekken. However, I don't agree with the "rusty" part of your description of Ed Grosso's playing- Ed is light years better than most ukulele players. I too have listend to his playing on youtube and have marveled at the subtlety of his masterful playing.

Your playing is wonderful also drbekken. However, I don't agree with the "rusty" part of your description of Ed Grosso's playing- Ed is light years better than most ukulele players. I too have listend to his playing on youtube and have marveled at the subtlety of his masterful playing.

On second thought, 'rusty' is the wrong word. I think I mean to say 'gracefully mature', or something to that effect...

GREAT is a good moniker. This cat can still play. It is my true aspiration to be as gracefully mature as Ed. Just rock, solid awesome. This is what great uke playing is is to me! Love that wonderful, wonderful, UM-CHUG UM-CHUG rhythm playing soooooo much!

Thanks, Doc, for posting! I have bookmarked for study.

Last edited:
nice link doc. I'm a huge fan of Ed's too. makes it look easy :cool: (bit like you mate...he he)

I just stumbled across his videos on YouTube and when searching for more info on him, ended up back here. Don't know how I missed this thread the first time around. But yeah, in 20 years I want to be Ed.

Top Bottom