Specific string sets for dGBE re-entrant tuning for Baritone

UkeKiddinMe

Reaction score
I know there has been some discussion on this here, and I did my best to search and read first, but it's very hard to wade through it all and actually find specific string sets to buy.

I'm looking for specific string sets to buy for dGBE re-entrant tuning on a Baritone.
Not looking for experiment suggestions or general statements.
Just citings of specific string sets to buy for dGBE re-entrant tuning on a Baritone.
Let the citings commence. Thank you.

Bonus points for citing a specific Aquila Reds set that would absolutely work for dGBE re-entrant tuning on a Baritone.

For d'gbe' tuning, I use these strings:

2 sets of these: http://elderly.com/accessories/items/J43.htm
From set one, just string and tune the 1, 2 & 3 string as normal. For the 4th string, take the second set and use the ist, or e' string and tune it to d'. The wound strings I just put in a box. Lambchop here on the forum gave me this idea. I love this set up.

You can also use Southcoast's strings HMU-NW. These are also very nice strings.

two ideas--others will follow from other members.

Have fun!

I hear great things about Dirk from Southcoast Strings being able to recommend a set for any uke, any tuning. Try dropping him an email.

Living Water strings has a re-entrant baritone set.

Living Water strings has a re-entrant baritone set.

Yes they do, and they're fantastic. I've been playing these on my baritone since the first of the year.

+1 Southcoast HMU-NW - consider getting the new wound third string option for more bass for $5 more.

+1 Living Waters reentrant dGBE - delivery time a little longer from Ken Middleton in the UK but well worth the wait.

Top Bottom