Hello from Moscow!

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Just a quick note to say Hi! and thank everybody for leaving great comments on my Russia videos. I've already introduced the ukulele to Colin and he's fascinated by it. We first used it in the orphanage to calm him down. Now we use it to get him into "sleep mode".

But, of course, Colin's discovered another use for it:
img-1130-cropped-resized.jpg

Not shown in this photo is his father cringing as he scraped the ukulele across the floor.

On another note, the Ohana sopranino uke is a great traveler's instrument. Packs easily in a carry-on and is rugged. I've taken it on 2 trips around the world now and it's holding up fine! It may not survive a two-year-old, though.:eek:

Thats awesome!!!!

Looks like that lil'guy needs his own Mahalo!!!

Hi Alan

I think young children love the ukulele. My latest grand-daughter (9 months) needs her morning uke fix every time she stays over.

All the happiness in the world to you and your family, Alan.

KEN

Last edited:
congrats Alan! thanks for the update and photo. now get yer crazy azz back home so we can shower Colin with bad 80's cover songs.

one tip to save that sopranino some wear n' tear: caster wheels. think about it...

Awesome! And he already knows fashion, if those leg warmers are any indication.

Best of luck and joy with your child, good sir.

Hey, Alan! TrowaRF from YouTube here!

Cute kid. He will grow into an uke master just like his daddy. Now get yourself home! :cool:

I look forward to Colins you tube debut. If he turns out anything like his pappy, he is gonna be fun to watch.:music:

congrats man! have a safe trip home and keep making them videos!

That's priceless, Alan!

My almost three year old youngest grandaughter (She'll be three next month. We have three daughters and four granddaughters) will carry one of my ukulele cases to me when she wants me to play. She even sings along with some of the songs. On our recent trip to the Philippines, I busked in the barangays and she frequently grabbed the microphone and started singing (I brought my Vox DA5 with a microphone and one of my Ovation Applause UAE20 acoustic/electric ukes with me):

Ukulele530.jpg

For Christmas I bought her a Hannah Montana carry bag that has two built in speakers on each end, with a microphone and a small amp built in that also has an input for a MP3 player. She opened it early, before they left for Chicago to visit my youngest son in law's (he's in the United States Navy, ported in San Diego) family. My baby (23 years old) daughter said she sings through it about 2 hours a day! I'll get her playing the strings soon, but she currently favors the keys and percussion. She can already play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "Hot Cross Buns" on the black keys! (All three of my daugters and all four of my granddaughters are musicians. My wife of 32 years, on the other hand, plays no musical instruments and sings everything off key with PASSION! LOL! I love her for the brevity and the effort! She totally supports all the girl's musicianship):

23320music11.jpg

23320music16.jpg

23320music17.jpg

Thank you for all your good wishes. I responded to each of this thread's posts in a collective response, but lost it somehow. So instead here's one response.

Oh, and Colin DID make his YT debut on my other channel, ThatWasntMayonnaise. Look for his cameo here!

Love and best holiday wishes to all UUers, past present and future!

Top Bottom