NUD Walnut Compass Rose tenor

Tailgate

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the Rick Turner Compass Rose walnut tenor I bought from Gryphon (great service from Paul Jacobs.. he played 3 CR's for me over the phone).
Uke is beautiful and detail is awesome. Cantilevered fretboard is very unique. Sound is warm and sustain is a 'wow'. Pulled off the Aquila's and the new Living Waters are stretching and settling in. Low G tuned, very comfortable to play.
First uke I've played that has a side sound port and I think I'm hooked. The port allows me to hear what I play much, much better (the good, the bad & the ugly)... very cool.

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 104
Wow Tailgate..nice pictures..
you got a good deal too..i love the soundport too..all my ukes are going to have them..can you believe the fit and finish hard to beat huh?

have fun strumming

Congratulations! Beautiful ukulele! Sounds like you are going to have a great time!

That is nice. I think I would like a sound port too.

Wow, very nice!

I love these Ukes. I remember being at NAMM about, oh, 5 or 6 years ago, maybe even longer, and being enamored of Rick Turner's ukes.
I fell in love with them then. Every one of them was unique in materials, sound and construction. Just wonderful!

Bob

Congrats Tailgate...Sweet I was looking at that one...only if I had the money...geez Have fun and enjoy man....Happy Strummings

hearty congrats Bob, she looks a beaut mate. man, that uke collection of yours is getting sweeter everyday!!!! Enjoy her brother!

I'm glad to hear more people agreeing that walnut is a wonderful tone wood. I'm waiting on my Compass Rose...walnut with a sequoia top.

Congrats for your lovely ukulele.

Congratulations!! That walnut looks great!

I just picked up the one with the sequoia top...wonder if they miss each other? :D

Congratulations!! That walnut looks great!

I just picked up the one with the sequoia top...wonder if they miss each other? :D

Congrats on your new CR..they are selling kind of quick huh let us know how it sounds

Congratulations! I was at Gryphon on Monday, apparently just after they logged this ukulele into inventory but before they put it out on the floor. I was curious about it because I just got a bling-less walnut CR tenor, and I was hoping to compare the two of them. I ded end up seeing pics of ti on the website, but you'd bought it by the time I went back to Gryphon on Thursday evening (I was picking up a guitar I'd dropped of for a small repair on Monday). Anyway, your CR tenor looks gorgeous and I'm sure it sounds great. Happy strumming.

Nice pick-up tailgate. I always enjoy going to the Gryphon website to hear Tom's sound samples and do some window shopping. BTW, Side sound ports are fantastic.

Very cool looking uke. I just realised why they are called Compass Rose :).

Here are a few pics of the Rick Turner Compass Rose walnut tenor I bought from Gryphon (great service from Paul Jacobs.. he played 3 CR's for me over the phone).
Uke is beautiful and detail is awesome. Cantilevered fretboard is very unique. Sound is warm and sustain is a 'wow'. Pulled off the Aquila's and the new Living Waters are stretching and settling in. Low G tuned, very comfortable to play.
First uke I've played that has a side sound port and I think I'm hooked. The port allows me to hear what I play much, much better (the good, the bad & the ugly)... very cool.

I just wanted to update after having this uke for a week now.. can't say enough about the build quaity.. the weight is just right for me. When I play, the side sounport gives me good volume and I get more enjoyment out of playing because of it. The action is smooth, tone is excellent. The sustain is very very nice. It's just plain fun to play. I love my Kanilea honu tenor, but the CR gives it a run for the money. Based on the CR purchase, looks like I have a couple more ukes to sell shortly (not the Kanilea ) since they won't get much playing time.. Bob

I'm dying to hear a sound sample of this!

Scooter

Top Bottom