Kremona UK-1 Pickup - Not quite a review.

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this pickup? Seems a low impact way to amp my uke. I'm afraid of commitment to built in electronics. It's a neat and low-impact idea. It only works with tie-bridge ukes. You loosen the strings where they tie, slip the pickup under the knots and re-tune the ukulele. Comes with a mini to 1/4" plug. Put it on my Luna Tattoo Concert. Plugged it into my kid's amp and got sound that seemed like ukulele to me. It's a passive pickup and might benefit from an inline pre-amp, but what do I know? It does catch all the sounds off the face: scuffing of the shirt sleeve, the cord dragging, &c.. Might be a little flimsy and the wood is too pale for my Luna; may have to try a little stain to tone down the appearance.

If you have experience with this pickup how can I get the best results with it?

I'm still really new at this. Only really need it to play along with the youth group band at camp. Otherwise straight acoustic is good enough for me.

(I originally asked this question in the tech section and got no replies. Maybe this is the right place.)

For a passive pickup you probably want to get a "DI Box"... just do a search and buy the one of the cheapest. Behringer maybe. You'll probably want a 1/4' output jack not just an XLR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom