Kanilea K1T, Kiwaya KC-3, Pono MC-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

remy26

Reaction score
Kanilea K1T, Kiwaya KC-3, Pono MC

I've decided to attempt a run at something special (to be announced once I have it in hand), so I've decided to sell a few from my existing collection. See the link near the bottom for additional pics of all 3.

All prices include shipping and any PayPal fees. US sales and shipping to confirmed PP addresses only please. If you're interested in more than one, we can probably work out a discount of some sort.

First up is my prized Kanilea. I love this uke, so you know my target has to be special! It has the beautiful UV finish and I love the pattern and grain of the wood. Sounds beautiful too! There are a few small marks on the bridge, but is otherwise in immaculate condition. It will ship in the pictured Cordoba gig bag. It's currently strung with Southcoast flatwound linears. Sold!!

IMG_1513_zps067bba87.jpg

Next is a Kiwaya KC-3. I'm not sure if it is rare or not, but it looks to be a concert model that is only offered in Japan. As far as I can tell, the retail price is close to $700 US. It is an all laminate uke, but it sounds better than any laminate that I've heard. Very light build with more resonance than what I've experienced. The neck is thin from front to back. I haven't played many vintage ukuleles, but this feels very similar (ignoring the tuners) to a few that I have played. It's currently strung with Aquilas. This one is in very good, used condition with a couple of light scratches and small dings. Nothing significant to note regarding damage. The saddle is low, but neck seems to be straight and I don't have any buzz. $350 OBO shipped

IMG_1528_zps932591c4.jpg

Finally is a Pono MC. This is really a great low cost uke. I love the fat feel of the neck and it has a wonderful tone different to other concerts I've played. It's a little more subdued and mellow than the Kiwaya listed above, but still has a very sweet tone. Overall, a really great solid mahogany ukulele for great price. Currently strung with Savarez HT Alliance strings. Condition is excellent. $225 shipped

IMG_1542_zpsf0ed9ac9.jpg

The first person to pick up either of the concerts gets a choice of either the pictured semi-hard case or 2 gig bags. The terrapin gig bag is actually a mandolin bag that is a little large for a concert uke, but it's perfect for shipping because the cheap plastic gig bag fits inside for double the gig bag protection. The buyer of the second concert gets whatever the first person doesn't choose.

More pics of all three can be found here:

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/nasoj26/library/Ukuleles For Sale March 2013

I'll be leaving on vacation on Thursday 3/28 and won't be able to ship until my return on April , so if you'd like one of these in your hands in short order, please act quickly!

Last edited:
I'd like some more pics of the Kanilea K1T please :)

I'd like some more pics of the Kanilea K1T please :)

Did you happen to catch the additional pics at the link near the bottom of the first post? Let me know if there's something else you'd like to see.

And for anyone wondering what a Pono MC-4 might be...I have no idea! I think I got my Ponos confused with my Islanders! I tried to edit the title, but it doesn't look like it worked. This is a regular MC mahogany concert.

Can't find much info on the KC-3, but surprised to see geared tuners on it. It is a thin one? It didn't look like it from the pics.

Can't find much info on the KC-3, but surprised to see geared tuners on it. It is a thin one? It didn't look like it from the pics.

Yes, I had a hard time finding info as well. Awhile back, I stumbled across a Japan site that had it listed (thank goodness for google translater ;) ). I can't seem to find it again. I do remember that the geared tuners were stock and it surprised me too.

I don't think it's a thin body, if that's what you're asking. It seems to be the same body depth as the Pono.

Is the Kiwaya a KC-3 or a KTC-3 and is their a serial number on the label ?

I'm tempted by the Pono. But, I really don't really need another concert, since I just bought one from you a little over a month ago! I hope it sells quickly.

The Pono and Kiwaya are still available. I've decided to sweeten the pot for the Kiwaya and offer a nice Steady case/gig bag with it. Unfortunately, I now won't be able to ship until after April 9, but, if you're interested and don't mind waiting, shoot me a message and I'll ship as soon as possible once I get back. Otherwise I'll bump this back up when I return!

Thanks!

I think I sent you a pm regarding the Pono. Let me know if you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom