PDA

View Full Version : just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

thesillydave
03-23-2013, 01:54 PM
how many of y'all / us, get excited late saturday afternoon-evening....
waiting to find out what the next season will be about?
i have 2 bonus songs to try and record tonight for the current season, but i am always highly curious as to what the next season will be about!

chrimess
03-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Same here. And I don't have a team in the March madness either.

i have 2 bonus songs to try and record tonight for the current season, but i am always highly curious as to what the next season will be about!

peewee
03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
On a 3 hour airport layover waiting for 58!

TCK
03-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Guilty as charged...

uke4ia
03-23-2013, 03:00 PM
When I go to a Saturday night open mic, the first thing I want to do when I get home is see if the new Season has been posted.

myrnaukelele
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Lol! Just stopped by the Seasons to check if 58 has been posted yet and found this thread instead;)
Yes, I do the same thing- it's always fun to see what the new challenge will be.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
03-23-2013, 03:58 PM
It's like Christmas Eve every week!

OldePhart
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I get excited...not sure why since it seems like I rarely can find time to put a video together anymore. I guess it's fun to dream and drop in occasionally to see what you wacky folks are coming up with. :)

JOhn

Dan Uke
03-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Who's the host?

GinnyT11
03-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Electrauke! Should be fun—he's got some great ideas.

ukuleledaddy
03-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I get excited...not sure why since it seems like I rarely can find time to put a video together anymore.

Me too John. I'm lucky if I get the time to do one a month, but it's still a highlight of my week to see the new challenge come up. I almost always choose and fiddle around with a tune even if I don't have the time to record anything.

Raygf
03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Guilty as charged...

What he said! I know what it is! Just happen to be subscribed to the host's channel.

TCK
03-23-2013, 07:07 PM
LOL- I am so confused now...
What he said! I know what it is! Just happen to be subscribed to the host's channel.

uke4ia
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Well, he did have a thread on the Main Board last week taking votes on what his theme should be.

Raygf
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
LOL- I am so confused now...

Sorry about that TCK. I too anticipate the coming week's theme, hence the, what he said. (Next week's host has posted the description video on his youtube channel. I'm subscribed and saw the video earlier today.)

Raygf
03-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Well, he did have a thread on the Main Board last week taking votes on what his theme should be.
Yes. This too.

thesillydave
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
so.....i am not alone in the anticipation "woohoo's!" that have now come to be expected every Saturday!
i am so glad that christian started this and that it continues!

i used to have a life...now, i am a ukulele underground seasonista!

might look good on a t-shirt! ha!

TCK
03-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Haha- I knew that FiL, and went and watched the video. I am confused because he said we could sing our instrumental....
Sorry about that TCK. I too anticipate the coming week's theme, hence the, what he said. (Next week's host has posted the description video on his youtube channel. I'm subscribed and saw the video earlier today.)

PatriciaPDX
03-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Oh yes, me too! I start checking Saturday evening when I get a break from work; Season 58 isn't up yet! Will check back in a bit... ;)

Kyle23
03-23-2013, 08:26 PM
I do, I've been waiting for a subject that I have a song for haha

Dan Uke
03-23-2013, 08:44 PM
OK...had to check out his youtube page...Ohhh...I have lots of songs that I have but will learn a new song to make it challenging

Raygf
03-24-2013, 12:56 AM
OK...had to check out his youtube page...Ohhh...I have lots of songs that I have but will learn a new song to make it challenging

Always a great option that the seasons offer. I've learned quite a few new tunes to post and have picked up plenty to learn from others.

Raygf
03-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Haha- I knew that FiL, and went and watched the video. I am confused because he said we could sing our instrumental....

FIL? Now I'm confused. I guess something by George Benson would work.

chrimess
03-24-2013, 01:37 AM

Maybe like 'Final Countdown' or the Rocky theme when I sing it in the shower.

frisbee fred
03-24-2013, 02:47 AM
First thing I checked when I got up this morning was what Season 58 is. But it's not there? This is going to throw off my whole day......

strumsilly
03-24-2013, 02:55 AM
First thing I checked when I got up this morning was what Season 58 is. But it's not there? This is going to throw off my whole day......
me too, I usuaLLY start Sunday off searching for my song.

UkeyDave
03-24-2013, 03:28 AM
Not necessarily Kyle. You can skip over to videos forum and post any tune you like on there if you have something prepared. I'm just about to do one.

I do, I've been waiting for a subject that I have a song for haha

chrimess
03-24-2013, 04:02 AM
It is past midnight in HI, we kinda know the theme and we got a sleeping teenage host in California- let us record.

strumsilly
03-24-2013, 05:12 AM
ok,since I got your permission and you're da man, I got mine done.

frisbee fred
03-24-2013, 05:27 AM
It is past midnight in HI, we kinda know the theme and we got a sleeping teenage host in California- let us record.

Since the theme is not yet posted how about sharing?

strumsilly
03-24-2013, 05:31 AM
don't tell anyone, but it's "instrumental" my dear Watson.

Garydavkra
03-24-2013, 05:31 AM
I don't get excited but, I do usually check it on Sunday. I wish they would post the theme ahead of time though so that I could get a head start. Lately, I don't have time especially if the theme is an artist I'm not familiar with or just not interested in. It would be nice to see what the themes will be a month or two in advance so that I could at least be working on something for the Seasons.;)

J-Peg
03-24-2013, 05:42 AM
I don't get excited but, I do usually check it on Sunday. I wish they would post the theme ahead of time though so that I could get a head start. Lately, I don't have time especially if the theme is an artist I'm not familiar with or just not interested in. It would be nice to see what the themes will be a month or two in advance so that I could at least be working on something for the Seasons.;)

Part of the challenge of the original seasons contest was to see what you could come up with on short notice. That plus not allowing multi-tracking made it different from most of the contests that were going on. Kind of a quick and dirty, limited resources, "get it done and move on to the next week" thing.
Doesn't mean we can't change it now though.

chrimess
03-24-2013, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHrQN3pP0I&sns=emGuess we're off, then:

GinnyT11
03-24-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't get excited but, I do usually check it on Sunday. I wish they would post the theme ahead of time though so that I could get a head start. It would be nice to see what the themes will be a month or two in advance so that I could at least be working on something for the Seasons.;)

Gary, that would be a different kind of contest; it wouldn't be a Seasons challenge! :D

GinnyT11
03-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Guess we're off, then:

Christian, how are we off then? We need a host thread with number and theme and written intro, at least for the archives.

chrimess
03-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Says who? The seasons have always had a component of anarchy...
Christian, how are we off then? We need a host thread with number and theme and written intro, at least for the archives.

GinnyT11
03-24-2013, 06:07 AM
There's been much less anarchy since the hosting sign-up sheet was created.
I'm not a subscriber to the youtube channel in question...where do I find the theme for Season 57?

austin1
03-24-2013, 06:12 AM
...should we just start a thread end electrauke can jump in when he jumps in?

chrimess
03-24-2013, 06:13 AM
I suppose you are referring to 58, it is in electrauke YT channel, link is in his signature.
I'm not a subscriber to the youtube channel in question...where do I find the theme for Season 57?

Raygf
03-24-2013, 06:14 AM
...should we just start a thread end electrauke can jump in when he jumps in?
Give him a chance to get things started. He'll get it down. Maybe he's trying to wait for the current season to finish up.
I haven't even recorded my Season 57 post yet. Made several attempts last Sunday, but don't like any of them.

decaturcomp
03-24-2013, 06:15 AM
"Viva los Seasonistas"
would that be good espanishy-wise?

And, yeah, I'm always jonesing. but I put off looking until I'm through posting for the current season because, A) It prolongs the pleasure of the season in the works which I always become irrationally attached to and 2) It hurts SO good!

so.....i am not alone in the anticipation "woohoo's!" that have now come to be expected every Saturday!
i am so glad that christian started this and that it continues!

i used to have a life...now, i am a ukulele underground seasonista!

might look good on a t-shirt! ha!

austin1
03-24-2013, 06:31 AM
On second thought, I don't want to pop Andre's bubble. Forget I posted that, okay? Please no one quote it!

strumsilly
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwT5nH-9wQQ

strumsilly
03-24-2013, 06:53 AM
ok, here's mine, if Chrimess can do it , so can I. did this before I got out of bed, can you tell? haha
done on a Lanikai LU8 with Southcoast strings if anyone cares

http://youtu.be/FmFb8bdC8OA

TCK
03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Whoops- Sorry Ray...got confused again. Happens more and more these days ;)

ukuloonie
03-24-2013, 06:56 AM
I received a P.M. from ElectraUke this morning he went to bed with Head ache and with Nausea, He said he will post the thread today.
If he is unable to then I will ask one of the Subs to step in and take over.

Ukuloonie Seasons Coordinator

chrimess
03-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Power to the people- way to go!
ok, here's mine, if Chrimess can do it , so can I. did this before I got out of bed, can you tell? haha

http://youtu.be/FmFb8bdC8OA

ukuloonie
03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Just spoke to ElectraUke he is preparing his thread for posting.
Please be patient.

Jazzbanjorex
03-24-2013, 07:07 AM
I'm just glad it called "Seasonal Anticipation Syndrone" and not "Seasonal Anticipation Disorder". I don't need another Disorder....

ukuloonie
03-24-2013, 07:18 AM
thread is up and running for ElectraUke.
Woohoo Mate Thanks

pabrizzer
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM

Yes. I am definately a sufferer of this malady.

uke4ia
03-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I've gotten to the point where I even start preparing for themes that haven't happened! Last fall, I figured someone would inevitably have a theme about food, and I learned the Robyn Hitchcock song "The Cheese Alarm" so I'd be ready when the day came. Five months later, we still hadn't had that theme, so I just gave up an posted the song on the video board.

A couple months ago, I started learning a tricky instrumental on the grounds that "If we ever have THIS theme, I'm gonna play THIS song!" I would do it for the instrumental theme this week, but I can't quite get through a clean take yet. But by gum, by the time we have THIS theme, if we ever have THIS theme, I'm a-gonna be ready!

Tootler
03-28-2013, 10:47 PM
I too suffer from this malady. I usually check early on Sunday morning and am disappointed if it's not there. I then keep checking through the day until It does appear.

frisbee fred
03-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Heck, I'm already suffering. Wish it was already posted for next week..... :(

GinnyT11
03-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Fred, you're a new Seasonista and you have been well and truly bitten! :D

I'm hosting week 59 and I'll post the theme late Saturday night US time.

frisbee fred
03-29-2013, 05:48 AM

Can't........wait..........everything's getting dark........hard to breathe.........................

Dan Uke
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM

Why don't you post Sat mon and say no posting until Sunday or automatic disqualification!! I can't stand the waiting

GinnyT11
03-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Why don't you post Sat mon and say no posting until Sunday or automatic disqualification!! I can't stand the waiting

Because that would be stepping on the pleasure that the previous person (in this case ElectraUke) is having as host.

I'll give you a hint: songs from literature and the fan stroke. Or not--- ha ha ha! :cool:

we tigers
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
That would be a brilliant theme for my wife the librarian...

myrnaukelele
03-30-2013, 07:38 AM
I've gotten to the point where I even start preparing for themes that haven't happened! Last fall, I figured someone would inevitably have a theme about food, and I learned the Robyn Hitchcock song "The Cheese Alarm" so I'd be ready when the day came. Five months later, we still hadn't had that theme, so I just gave up an posted the song on the video board.

Hahahaha! That is so funny- I do this too! ;) Just last week i heard a song about food on the radio and thought to myself when the Food theme comes around on the Seasons that would be a great song to learn. Really, I'm surprised no one's picked this theme yet- there are so many great songs associated with eating. If we still haven't had a Food theme by week 74 I think I'll have to go with it (although I'm already planning a different theme if it hasn't already been done...)

Dan Uke
03-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Hahahaha! That is so funny- I do this too! ;) Just last week i heard a song about food on the radio and thought to myself when the Food theme comes around on the Seasons that would be a great song to learn. Really, I'm surprised no one's picked this theme yet- there are so many great songs associated with eating. If we still haven't had a Food theme by week 74 I think I'll have to go with it (although I'm already planning a different theme if it hasn't already been done...)

I better start practicing!! HAHA

I am the total opposite that if I work on a song and can complete it, I'll post it instead of perfecting it. Sometimes, I wish I saved it for futre themes but that's not my personality.

Tootler
03-30-2013, 01:29 PM

Looking forward to it. Our clocks go forward tonight so we will be an extra hour ahead tomorrow unless yours change too.

peewee
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
C'mon Mattdee, c'mon season 60....

mattydee
04-06-2013, 06:55 PM
C'mon Mattdee, c'mon season 60....

Duuuude. Click refresh.

ukuloonie
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
i have the jitters

decaturcomp
04-13-2013, 06:22 AM
ohhhhhhh, boyyyyyyeeeeeee!!!

decaturcomp
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Saturday, now...

Right?

I would like to think about next week.
Yes I would.

strumsilly
04-21-2013, 03:20 AM
Don't you hate it when the host waits until Sunday morning to post, and they live on the east coast. they should be drawn and quartered. that's a bit harsh, sorry. maybe just keel hauled. ok, maybe 30 lashes. w/ wet noodle? forget it.

Dan Uke
04-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Season 63???

pabrizzer
04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Season 63???

:agree::(

Season 63???

Tootler
04-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Don't you hate it when the host waits until Sunday morning to post, and they live on the east coast. they should be drawn and quartered. that's a bit harsh, sorry. maybe just keel hauled. ok, maybe 30 lashes. w/ wet noodle? forget it.

I live even further west and am posting Sunday morning - but I am away from home this weekend

Tootler
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
:agree::(

Season 63???

Some folks just have no patience :drool:

pabrizzer
04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Some folks just have no patience :drool:

Sorta true.
I like to get mine done in the daylight hours on Sunday afternoon. Post it after 8:00pm Aussie time and then I can just enjoy the other Seasonistas efforts during the week - I do view every one but sometimes not all of the video.
I also sometimes post a few bonuses depending on how the theme moves me.

Hippie Dribble
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Sorta true.
I like to get mine done in the daylight hours on Sunday afternoon. Post it after 8:00pm Aussie time and then I can just enjoy the other Seasonistas efforts during the week - I do view every one but sometimes not all of the video.
I also sometimes post a few bonuses depending on how the theme moves me.

Briz YOU ARE A MACHINE :worship:

pabrizzer
04-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Briz YOU ARE A MACHINE :worship:

Yeah, right Jon.
But I do enjoy the seasons.
It gives me a reason to do a song I would probably not otherwise do and share it with people thinking about and posting songs on the same theme. And many of them (like you Jon) REALLY talented - some of them trying out and demonstrating newly gained skills - and others at the very beginning of their ukulele journey.
I have come to really look forward to what some of the regulars will come up with.
I also enjoy finding a song to satisfy each week's host's conditions.
It's a great place to spend time - my wife says TOO MUCH.
I guess it will eventually wear off but it hasn't yet.

thesillydave
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
what will it be????!!!!

Hippie Dribble
05-25-2013, 05:03 PM
what will it be????!!!!
you gettin that old itch brother? I'll put it up soon then... :)

pabrizzer
07-28-2013, 02:23 AM
No season 76?

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 02:27 AM
No season 76?

I know, I wake up each Sunday and after a cup of Java I check to see the theme so I can get cracking. always disappointed when it's not there yet. Last time I was hosting I forgot and was late posting myself. haha

wow, just noticed I'm over 2k posts. I need to get a life

frisbee fred
07-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Oh no.........no Season 76.............room getting dark.......................can't breathe...........................

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 04:24 AM
I wrote to Pueo on Friday about the anthem, and he said he was set and psyched for Season 76. Must be that life has intervened.

ukuleledaveey
07-28-2013, 04:52 AM
patiently awaiting the theme and my long over due return to the seasons family :)

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 06:14 AM
ok, I'm giving up on 76 for now. I got some chores to do. :mad:

ukuLily Mars
07-28-2013, 06:24 AM
patiently awaiting the theme and my long over due return to the seasons family :)
We would love to have you join us in Season 75! There's still time. Probably something already in your repertoire that fits the theme.

TCK
07-28-2013, 06:38 AM
YES! We demand the attic man on season 75! I have it on authority that Johnny Yuma, Cry Cry Cry, and Hey Porter are all race horse names Daveey. Just sayin'...Boy named Sue? Orange Blossom Special? All horse names

ukuLily Mars
07-28-2013, 07:06 AM
YES! We demand the attic man on season 75! I have it on authority that Johnny Yuma, Cry Cry Cry, and Hey Porter are all race horse names Daveey. Just sayin'...Boy named Sue? Orange Blossom Special? All horse names
I'm so proud of you, TCK.

Come on over, Daveey!

uke4ia
07-28-2013, 07:44 AM
Maybe the 76th Season is the imaginary season. The ghost season. The Spirit of 76th!

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Maybe the 76th Season is the imaginary season. The ghost season. The Spirit of 76th!

Imagine there's no Seasons! What a great theme.

http://youtu.be/YMgshasWHd4

decaturcomp
08-10-2013, 04:24 PM
...and to finish up with Broadway Week (Thanks Fred!!!) in a fashion that anticipates #78:

"It COULD beeeeeeee
Something Specschialllllll
Just for WE!"

frisbee fred
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
...and to finish up with Broadway Week (Thanks Fred!!!) in a fashion that anticipates #78:

"It COULD beeeeeeee
Something Specschialllllll
Just for WE!"

Ha! I remember Ronny Howard singin it. "Oh, oh the Wells Fargo wagon is a comin down the street....."

decaturcomp
08-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Howard was such a pro in that, not surprisingly. We just watched it with our 16 year old son in last month.

You and someone else were talking about this during the season but the only records I grew up with before starting to buy my own were, South Pacific, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma (on 45's in a tiny box set), The King and I, West Side Story (I wasn't allowed to listen to it which made it all the more interesting) and one Sing Along With Mitch. I was actually envious when a friend's family bought a new stereo and got a Marty Robbins record along with it.

Ha! I remember Ronny Howard singin it. "Oh, oh the Wells Fargo wagon is a comin down the street....."

uke4ia
08-10-2013, 05:20 PM
You and someone else were talking about this during the season but the only records I grew up with before starting to buy my own were, South Pacific, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma (on 45's in a tiny box set), The King and I, West Side Story (I wasn't allowed to listen to it which made it all the more interesting) and one Sing Along With Mitch. I was actually envious when a friend's family bought a new stereo and got a Marty Robbins record along with it.
The ones I remember my parents playing all the time were Fiddler on the Roof and Man of La Mancha.

GinnyT11
08-10-2013, 06:14 PM
My mother's name is Dolly, and I can tell you which one I heard the most. I even got to see Carol Channing do it on Broadway.

ukuLily Mars
08-10-2013, 06:21 PM
My mother's name is Dolly, and I can tell you which one I heard the most. I even got to see Carol Channing do it on Broadway.
That had to be AWESOME!!! Was Charles Nelson Reilly in it when you saw it? I was just thinking about that because Eileen Brennan died recently.

ukuleledaddy
08-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Currently listening to one of my favorite Bob Marley tunes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvD6glL_8g&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6NvD6glL_8g

KoaDependent
08-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm just anticipating some distant future time when I've got enough time to spare to participate in the seasons again.

ukuleledaddy
08-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm just anticipating some distant future time when I've got enough time to spare to participate in the seasons again.

Ha ha. I know what you mean. I constantly find myself with little to no time to participate, and when I do it's usually a crappy one take of whatever. Luckily this past week I had more spare time than usual and I had SO MUCH FUN!

mikef
08-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Ha ha. I know what you mean. I constantly find myself with little to no time to participate
I hear that Messers Daddy and Dependent... where does the time go each week?
At least I do get a lot out of the Seasons though even if all I can do is lurk and see a few videos... The Seasons always puts a smile on my face one way or another.

when I do it's usually a crappy one take of whatever
Crappy? No no... I won't have that! :)

thesillydave
08-24-2013, 07:11 PM
oh weetigers! what could the next season hold for us!!??!!

peewee
08-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Currently approaching 8 AM Sunday morning in Western Europe...soon I trust...they do have young children to wake them up I think.

Tootler
08-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Currently approaching 8 AM Sunday morning in Western Europe...soon I trust...they do have young children to wake them up I think.

Almost 9am here in the UK and it's up there now. They're 1hr ahead of us. Looks an interesting one & I have a trad song in mind already.

decaturcomp
08-31-2013, 09:48 AM
this seems to be as good a place as any to say that i know i'm a terrible hog about space and posting more songs than are allowed by the rules in some cases (three songs only etc.). so, mea culpa.
i have a problem. i just can't stop thinking about music because there is a rubric in place. so apologies all around and please just ignore me and pity an old man's failings.

i did consider starting a thread called something like 'island of misfit seasonistas' where folks with a similar problem could band together when they've reached their limit and play music without bothering anyone else. would that be a better idea than just being a jerk like I am now?

ukuloonie
08-31-2013, 10:00 AM
why not start one up with a bit of thought how to create it
it might be something

decaturcomp
08-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks, that's a good thought.
This may be a solution with no problem but perhaps I'll start a forum for it in any case.
In the worst instance I'll be the only member of a shadow government that didn't need to exist in the first place. I could listen to the echo of my own posts or at least realize that I should stick to the script and keep my transgressions to myself.

ukuleledaddy
08-31-2013, 12:02 PM
i did consider starting a thread called something like 'island of misfit seasonistas' where folks with a similar problem could band together when they've reached their limit and play music without bothering anyone else. would that be a better idea than just being a jerk like I am now?

First of all, I love your enthusiasm for the Seasons. Secondly, I thought the idea during Ska week to cover the entire The Harder They Come album was a ton of fun. Maybe there could be a Seasons supplement forum where each week/every other week/every month/whatever somebody can choose an album and anyone who wanted to contribute their take of a song from that album could drop it there. The album could be related to the week's theme or just some random great album. The thread for each album could be open for the length of the week or be always open so people could submit their cover whenever the mood strikes. So, there's one idea.

decaturcomp
08-31-2013, 12:28 PM
That's a good thought. There could be a shadow season any time someone had an additional project like that to add.
BTW, brother TCK started an album thread a while back for "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" one of my favorite records, too. But, because it wasn't in the Seasons area, I never saw it until he mentioned it to me.

I did start a thread for this if you'd like to move the conversation over to "Island of Misfit Seasonistas". If you don't mind, I'll copy your post above over there with attribution.

First of all, I love your enthusiasm for the Seasons. Secondly, I thought the idea during Ska week to cover the entire The Harder They Come album was a ton of fun. Maybe there could be a Seasons supplement forum where each week/every other week/every month/whatever somebody can choose an album and anyone who wanted to contribute their take of a song from that album could drop it there. The album could be related to the week's theme or just some random great album. The thread for each album could be open for the length of the week or be always open so people could submit their cover whenever the mood strikes. So, there's one idea.

thesillydave
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
howdy all!
got my pastiche entered,
just got home from work,
have a nice rum and coke,
waiting for mr. ukeeku....i need that extra time!
what'll it be!
cheers everyone!

myrnaukelele
09-07-2013, 08:26 PM
howdy all!
got my pastiche entered,
just got home from work,
have a nice rum and coke,
waiting for mr. ukeeku....i need that extra time!
what'll it be!
cheers everyone!
Ha! Me too- sitting down with a margarita after canning 20 pints of tomato soup. Just checking to see what next week will bring. Ukeeku - are you still up?? It's 12:30AM in Illinois - we may not find out what the 82nd theme will be until tomorrow...

thesillydave
09-07-2013, 08:51 PM
okay....the rum's running low...looking like hot tub time...
myrna, i have a great tomato spinach bisque recipe that we make for my cafe, and it freezes well...just in case you want to try something different!
i guess ukeeku is a go to bed early person....wants us to stew for a bit (another cooking reference!)
night all!

Joko
09-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I really hope it's: 'Songs About Snakes' because I just got home from visiting the Bangkok Snake Farm...

pabrizzer
09-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Eighty two?

wee_ginga_yin
09-08-2013, 12:17 AM
That's a good thought. There could be a shadow season any time someone had an additional project like that to add.
BTW, brother TCK started an album thread a while back for "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" one of my favorite records, too. But, because it wasn't in the Seasons area, I never saw it until he mentioned it to me.

I did start a thread for this if you'd like to move the conversation over to "Island of Misfit Seasonistas". If you don't mind, I'll copy your post above over there with attribution.

Bye the way, what does BTW mean?

we tigers
09-08-2013, 12:18 AM
myrna, i have a great tomato spinach bisque recipe that we make for my cafe, and it freezes well...just in case you want to try something different!
i guess ukeeku is a go to bed early person....wants us to stew for a bit (another cooking reference!)
night all!

That recipe sounds interesting, Dave! I'm starting to wonder about week 82 as well. I completely missed 81 because I was in bed the entire week. Sick as a dog... But I'm fresh again for 82!

pabrizzer
09-08-2013, 01:02 AM
That recipe sounds interesting, Dave! I'm starting to wonder about week 82 as well. I completely missed 81 because I was in bed the entire week. Sick as a dog... But I'm fresh again for 82!

I'm never quite sure which Tiger I'm typing to but I'm glad you are up and about again.

Season 82 is late.

we tigers
09-08-2013, 01:28 AM
99% of the time it's Michael.

Joko
09-08-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm never quite sure which Tiger I'm typing to but I'm glad you are up and about again.

Season 82 is late.

Sheesh. Don't these Americans understand that for us here in the Western Pacific, it's almost Monday already? :rolleyes:

Cornfield
09-08-2013, 02:49 AM
It's Monday in Chicago. I had a busy busy week but have a free day today.

strumsilly
09-08-2013, 03:01 AM
wow, i missed a whole day
Oh, well , got to start my week w/o a new season.

ukuLily Mars
09-08-2013, 03:54 AM
night all!
May I get that recipe, Dave? Although I have to admit I don't can my own tomatoes.

Glad you're feeling better, probably-Michael!

frisbee fred
09-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Bye the way, what does BTW mean?

Don't know. What's another word for Thesaurus?

Where's Season 82?

Cornfield
09-08-2013, 04:59 AM

Ok. I exagerated a bit.

chrimess
09-08-2013, 05:24 AM
I thought it was a form of denial so the Bears fans could spare themselves. The game...
Ok. I exagerated a bit.

TCK
09-08-2013, 05:27 AM
I hope this week is all covers of Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam...
9:00 in Illinois-
Ukeeku-where ARE you?
Right- off to put the polish on my dance moves

ukuleledaddy
09-08-2013, 05:31 AM
I was hoping for a week of everyone covering songs while doing their best William Shatner impersonation.

xommen
09-08-2013, 05:40 AM
I was hoping for a week of everyone covering songs while doing their best William Shatner impersonation.
That would be so wrong it might actually be fun, but I would say any Star Trek Captain so the the women can do their best Janeway impersonation.

we tigers
09-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I actually love Shatners Has Been from 2004. Some beautiful "songs" on there, thanks to Aimee Mann and Ben Folds.

A Sci-Fi week! Wouldn't that be fun! Everybody wrapping themselves and their ukes in tin foil.

GinnyT11
09-08-2013, 05:46 AM
A Sci-Fi week! Wouldn't that be fun! Everybody wrapping themselves and their ukes in tin foil.

And you could do TELSTAR again...yay!

ukuLily Mars
09-08-2013, 05:53 AM
So you're saying just another Sunday. What? Just me?

TCK
09-08-2013, 05:55 AM
YES!- I can wear Melissa's underthings again and reprise the reprise...
Science Fiction, Double Feature. Or this...Man this was ages ago ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4Pd0Qo3n0
I actually love Shatners Has Been from 2004. Some beautiful "songs" on there, thanks to Aimee Mann and Ben Folds.

TCK
09-08-2013, 05:57 AM
AND WE'RE OFF! Great theme for finding a song for sure!

ukuLily Mars
09-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Is it horrible to say I'm starting to love when the host is late? This thread really comes to life.

(We could do AND WE'RE OFF again. I'd be game.)

J-Peg
09-08-2013, 06:19 AM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Synonymicon.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

GinnyT11
09-08-2013, 06:23 AM
The synonymicon and the thesaurus were dinosaurs whose eras overlapped just long enough to have a talk show together. The synonymicon had arms big enough to play the uke on it. A tenor, to be sure.

Cornfield
09-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I thought it was a form of denial so the Bears fans could spare themselves. The game...

There are only two football games each year that have any significance. When the Packers beat the Bears and when the Packers beat the Bears again.

Everything else is Preseason and dénouement

frisbee fred
09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Synonymicon.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Sort of. Kind of like "How do you spell IBM?"

GinnyT11
09-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Sort of. Kind of like "How do you spell IBM?"

"What's the number for 911?" —Homer Simpson

TCK
10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
drruuuuummmm, drrrruuuuummmmmm, druuuuummmm- the sound of my fingers on my desktop in anticipation of 87

thesillydave
10-05-2013, 07:35 PM
i had a dream that a season would enfold that made us do 7 songs..one a day...7 different styles...or eras...no more no less...
mostly mean challenges..do some opera...do some hip hop..try a little rage rap....then some alpine yodeling...russian folk songs...detroit street songs...and for peewee, a french love song....
and have miley cyrus judge us....and then i woke up....whew! so, tina...what'll it be?

GinnyT11
10-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I think you'll have to wait till she wakes up...it's very early now in Germany. Yodeling might work, SDave.

we tigers
10-05-2013, 10:56 PM
By now it's 10 am... Looking forward to a challenge!

austin1
10-05-2013, 11:43 PM
i had a dream that a season would enfold that made us do 7 songs..one a day...7 different styles...or eras...no more no less...
mostly mean challenges..do some opera....

No Miley Cyrus, but you're not entirely off.

Next season is up! Jetlag is waking me up later than I'm accustomed, apologies to Europe for not posting until almost 11.

thesillydave
11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
ready for the next season! woohoo!

pabrizzer
11-30-2013, 07:21 PM
me tooooo.
It's got to have 10 characters. Oh it has now.

lelouden
11-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Me three. I thought I was the only one with this syndrome :)

thesillydave
11-30-2013, 09:25 PM
you mean there are others? maybe a quickfire mini challenge (like on top chef)....any takers?

we tigers
11-30-2013, 10:26 PM
It has become part of my Sunday morning ritual. Cappuccino, check the new theme.
If there is no new challenge on Sunday morning I get withdrawal symptoms...

Tootler
11-30-2013, 11:34 PM
9.30 here so waiting with baited breath...

Still it is only 4.30 in the Eastern USA and even earlier further west...

bird's eye view of my ukelele
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
it's not like we're addicted or anything

filipinouker
12-01-2013, 03:01 AM
This must be highly contagious... Never used to have it. Now, I'm getting all restless. Is there any cure for this?
:D

xommen
12-01-2013, 03:21 AM
This must be highly contagious... Never used to have it. Now, I'm getting all restless. Is there any cure for this?
I think the only cure is having our new assignment ;).

filipinouker
12-01-2013, 03:24 AM
I think the only cure is having our new assignment ;).

OR, writing patience is a virtue a hundred times - like our old teachers used to make us do ;)

southside mike
12-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Okay it's 9AM on Sunday here in the eastern U.S. Where is our new host?

strumsilly
12-01-2013, 05:21 AM
ok, I;m caffeined up and ready for this weeks theme.

Tootler
12-01-2013, 05:39 AM

Perish the thought :worship:

3.30 pm. Just got back from lunch out for my daughter's birthday & still nothing.

GinnyT11
12-01-2013, 05:47 AM
Vince (vct33) is the host, and Ralf always checks in advance to see if the host is ready. Maybe something came up to delay him.

During the wait, dear Seasonista friends, there's time to comment on more of your co-contributors' videos.

TCK
12-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Sunday morning ritual dashed!
Where are Pa and Wim's first songs for the new theme?
This will not do

uke4ia
12-01-2013, 06:46 AM

I can quit any time I want!!!

uke4ia
12-01-2013, 06:46 AM
I just don't want to.

we tigers
12-01-2013, 06:59 AM
I just came back from the local uke jam and still no new challenge. I'm getting a rash and I'm sure I just saw a hippo flying by. What is happening to me?

Thank god the uke jam with Ukulelezaza was awesome!

strumsilly
12-01-2013, 07:06 AM
I just came back from the local uke jam and still no new challenge. I'm getting a rash and I'm sure I just saw a hippo flying by. What is happening to me?

Thank god the uke jam with Ukulelezaza was awesome!
I am so jealous, I have no one to jam with. And no new theme! I might have to break out my looper and play some blues with myself. good grief!

lelouden
12-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Well This feels a lot like waiting for Santa. Hopefully he's ok! hohohoho

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
12-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi gang. Maybe vct33 is having a busy holiday weekend? Let's be patient (as possible).

Undirected Seasons energy could be spent making more heavy metal bonus tracks for week 93, yeah?

-Your volunteer Seasons coordinator (junior)

we tigers
12-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Of course you're absolutely right, Ralf. But these therapeutic posts in this topic are also rather fun.

pabrizzer
12-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Ok SillyDave I'm up for a quickfire mini challenge.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
12-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Of course you're absolutely right, Ralf. But these therapeutic posts in this topic are also rather fun.
My parenthetic "as possible" was meant to encourage any needed therapy for Seasonal anticipation syndrome. Looks like Brian and Dave are getting to it in the healthiest possible way. :)

And don't forget the fun of choosing another Season to host---more Seasons are available in the "Sign up..." thread.

Barbablanca
12-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Last night I got back from a fantastic gig at 3am! But I still had to put the PC on and check out the new theme! Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh! Nothing.
Then today I have been out all day with my in-laws celebrating my FiL's 80th! Anticipation was making my lips dry as I raced up to the PC.

DOUBLE Aaaaarrrrrggghhhh! Still nothing!

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow things will have changed. And I thought I didn't have an addictive bone in my body!!!

Jazzbanjorex
12-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Berni, I feel your pain. Having withdrawals.... must find purpose for this week.....

GinnyT11
12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
You could be learning new holiday songs for Dec. 15-22 week. That's the only one we know the theme in advance.

Or you could zip over to the Mediquick clinic and get some ukeycontin, which relieves the pain of not having a Season to play in.

we tigers
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I was actually talking to Saskia about possible songs for that Season, Ginny. The show must go on… Working on a shortlist ;)

12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I can quit any time I want!!!
easy to say hard to prove

I just don't want to.
that's my excuse too

I'm getting a rash and I'm sure I just saw a hippo flying by.
i saw the hippo as well

3.30 pm. Just got back from lunch out for my daughter's birthday & still nothing.
i've only been on to check ooh i dunno about eight and a half million times today

OOOOH

looks like the new theme is up! yay!

TCK
12-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Except I had three done on Tuesday...Limits suck. Whoops- was that my outer voice?:)
Hi gang. Maybe vct33 is having a busy holiday weekend? Let's be patient (as possible).

Undirected Seasons energy could be spent making more heavy metal bonus tracks for week 93, yeah?

-Your volunteer Seasons coordinator (junior)

Tootler
12-13-2013, 03:36 AM
I will be posting season 96 sometime tomorrow ready to start Sunday morning.

The theme is already known; "Holiday Songs" but I will be adding a sub-title putting my own spin on the theme.

redpaul1
01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
While you're waiting for Season 99 to start, why don't you put on your thinking caps and put up some nominations for EOY Extravaganza II Seasons 53-58? :)

frisbee fred
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Am I the only one here checking every five minutes to see what Season 99 will be:anyone:

thesillydave
01-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Am I the only one here checking every five minutes to see what Season 99 will be:anyone:

five minutes??!! you wait that long? ha!

frisbee fred
01-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Tap......tap.......tap.........tap.......

thesillydave
01-04-2014, 05:38 PM
i, uh, could be doing...uh, something productive....cleaning or laundry...
who am i kidding! i'm ready!

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 05:13 AM
Okay, I have the info ready to start Season 100 (can you believe 100 weeks of this? I'm just sorry I didn't get in here earlier!) but I have a question.

When do most of you who've hosted post the initial instructions for the season? The reason I ask is that I've always checked in sometime Saturday afternoon (Eastern US time) and the new Season has been announced by then. There's also the admonishment about not posting before Midnight HI time to respect the current host. So, is there any feeling here that posting early on Saturday takes emphasis off of the current season?

Personally, I enjoy thinking about two Seasons at once. Sometimes I even wish it was three at a time!

Thanks for your thoughts and I hope you all have fun next week. If not there's always the Island I suppose but I'm not planning to be particularly restrictive. Heh.

frisbee fred
01-11-2014, 05:31 AM
I posted for my Season around 10pm Saturday night eastern time. It's been my experience that most of the hosts post sometime around then. A couple of times it hasn't been until Sunday morning eastern time. I like finding out Saturday. I still watch the later vids from the current season but enjoy preparing for the new one. :2cents:

GinnyT11
01-11-2014, 05:31 AM
New Season information has mostly appeared on Saturday nights ~9 pm-midnight, eastern US time.
(That's because Seasonistas are mostly North American ukers. It's thrilling to have international Seasonistas, but they're a small percentage of the group.)

My opinion is that Sunday (in the US) is the day we think of two Seasons at once, but daytime Saturday, when many people record their entry videos, still belongs to the old Season and the new Season shouldn't land until late in the evening.
And definitely no song should be posted before Sunday 12:01 am, I guess Hawaii time.

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Thanks Fred. That's helpful. I haven't checked this thread often and presumed it was pretty much an outgrowth of our common curiosity about what's happening next. I didn't want to under perform my duties or disappoint anyone, though.

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 05:37 AM
Thanks Ginny! I was posting when you were posting. That makes good sense to me, too. BTW wasn't there a thread with hosting instructions/suggestions somewhere? I feel mostly prepared but wouldn't mind giving it a look. I was also thinking about keeping the link on hand since a good number of folks are talking about volunteering for hosting for their first time.

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I thought this thread needed a theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mro6eThyJjU

ukuleledaddy
01-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I thought this thread needed a theme song...

HA! Perfect. Personally, if I find out the theme just before I go to bed I find it hard to sleep, all those possibilities swarming around in my noggin. I love it when I can start thinking about the new season around dinner time, makes for a fun family discussion around the table.
BTW, thanks for showing us what you're doing with your left hand there. That sounded sweet. I think I can learn thing or two (or 50) from you.

Tootler
01-11-2014, 10:08 AM
New Season information has mostly appeared on Saturday nights ~9 pm-midnight, eastern US time.
(That's because Seasonistas are mostly North American ukers. It's thrilling to have international Seasonistas, but they're a small percentage of the group.)

My opinion is that Sunday (in the US) is the day we think of two Seasons at once, but daytime Saturday, when many people record their entry videos, still belongs to the old Season and the new Season shouldn't land until late in the evening.
And definitely no song should be posted before Sunday 12:01 am, I guess Hawaii time.

Ginny, I think if you add all us non-USers up; UK, Continental Europe and Oz, we're not as small a percentage as you think. Yes we're a minority but quite a significant minority.

To respond to Alan, I usually either aim to post my season late on Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I'm 5 hrs ahead of the Eastern US and 10 hrs ahead of Hawaii so depending, it will be available either early to mid evening Saturday or in the small hours Sunday in the US. Last time I made an anouncement on this thread so you would know when to look for the new season.

Just been checking this while my video for S99 loads. I see it has now, so I'll post this.

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Very cool folks, thank you!
I'm ready but...I think I'll go catch up on Gary's season first!

myrnaukelele
01-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I posted for my Season around 10pm Saturday night eastern time. It's been my experience that most of the hosts post sometime around then. A couple of times it hasn't been until Sunday morning eastern time. I like finding out Saturday. I still watch the later vids from the current season but enjoy preparing for the new one. :2cents:

Actually, in the earlier Seasons the next Season always got posted on Saturday afternoon (which would have been around 3 or 4PM East Coast time). I personally prefer getting the info on the next Season as early as possible (as do others, I'm sure). There will ALWAYS be an overlap. I don't think finding out the theme on Saturday diminishes the current Season in any way. It's actually fun to have two different Seasons going on. Some of the best entries come on Sunday - for both the current Season and the new Season. So - I for one am all in favor of posting the new Season early on Saturday giving us all time to think of an entry and start practicing. My two cents. :2cents:

lelouden
01-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Actually, in the earlier Seasons the next Season always got posted on Saturday afternoon (which would have been around 3 or 4PM East Coast time). I personally prefer getting the info on the next Season as early as possible (as do others, I'm sure). There will ALWAYS be an overlap. I don't think finding out the theme on Saturday diminishes the current Season in any way. It's actually fun to have two different Seasons going on. Some of the best entries come on Sunday - for both the current Season and the new Season. So - I for one am all in favor of posting the new Season early on Saturday giving us all time to think of an entry and start practicing. My two cents. :2cents:

I'm with Myna on this one. Sometimes Sunday's don't give me a chance to even think about it until Monday. I love it when I get time on Sat evening to work it all out as to how I'm going to go about the new season. I can't imagine having to go to work on Monday and obsess about it all week until I get some free time on a Sat to post. That would be torture for me.

Now you have us chomping at the bit Alan... Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for 100. Hmmm could that be a clue:/

01-11-2014, 01:32 PM
theonlyukethatmatters put up really useful guidelines in the sign up for future seasons thread, you can see the post here, it's post #5 on that thread

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?82618-Sign-up-for-future-Seasons-II&p=1311474#post1311474

it's very specific about times and things, and says the new season can go up from early evening on saturday, US time

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone.
That's what I was looking for BEV, I appreciate it.

decaturcomp
01-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Season 100 - Magic and Loss - is ready for you to start thinking about while you comment on the rest of the Season 99 videos...

Have fun.

thesillydave
01-17-2014, 08:18 PM
honesty update....
i hate to admit it, but, here it is...
it must take me about 20, 30, 40, 70...takes, to get a video done...
i'll screw up a verse, a chord, screech like an injured barn owl...it isn't pretty!
i am always so impressed with all of y'all who can remember the lyrics, the chords, the strum...
to all of you seasonistas, i tip my hat(s) to you!
just some lovin' for all of y'all, my fellow seasonistas!
i have really enjoyed our long road we have traveled together!

01-17-2014, 08:36 PM
thesillydave hey there. do you learn your songs off by heart? i prop up anything between 1 and about 5 pages of paper with lyrics, chords, notes-to-self (eg " START SINGING REALLY REALLY LOW", "TEMPO - REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW. NO. SLOWER THAN YOU THINK" etc etc) and sing and play from that!

i used to do a few takes and pick the one i figured was best, but then i started to realise i might be weighing up best singing but most rubbish chord changes, versus super accurate (by my standards!) chord changes but oh pook i sang the whole wrong WORD in the second to last line... so now i go by the one-take-wonder method, whereby you go with the first take in which you can make it through the whole song without having to stop completely. sometimes that means a dodgy chord change or ten, or some wobbly singing, but it feels really really good to not plough exhaustingly through a gazillion takes in search of a perfection i personally will never achieve.

it sounds to me however like you do achieve perfection so maybe just ignore everything i just said and keep on doing exactly what you're doing!

thesillydave
01-17-2014, 08:49 PM
BEVOMU, hey! my first take, after learning a song...which may take me days to get it to where i like how it sounds, but really,
my first take usually sounds the best! if i can make it through all the way without messing up!
but rarely can i make it through! my wife is my sound "editor"...i'll look over at her and if she okay's it, then i'll post.
but, mostly she's shaking her head or has an odd look on her face, then i know, i have to do it again!
i wouldn't make it as a 'live' performer!

01-18-2014, 01:31 AM
thesilllydave, women can indeed have very exacting standards!

uke4ia
01-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Most of the time now, I'll use the first half-decent full take. At most, I'll do one more decent full take, and choose between them. This is mostly due to my voice's limitations. If the song has any kind of high notes, once I mess up once and don't use my "head voice", I strain my throat and won't be able to hit the notes at all if I do more takes. Like this week, I messed up the high notes on the last chorus of "Never the Same" and couldn't do another take that evening. The next day, I did my vocal warmups, got through one decent full take, and declared success before I blew my voice out again.

Tootler
01-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I've found if I can practice the song enough, I can cut down on the number of takes and normally, once I've set up to record, I will sing the song through at least once and often more times before I hit record the first time. That way I can keep the number of takes down. Where at one time I would regularly need 10 or more takes, I can manage now in less than four most of the time. In fact I try to avoid going over four if I can.

lelouden
01-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow Fred!

Tootler
01-24-2014, 02:10 PM

Prolly be Sunday before I find out. I'm in Newcastle for a recorder practice till mid afternoon then out at a birthday "do" in the evening.

Lumpy Wafflesquirt
01-24-2014, 11:14 PM
BEVOMU, hey! my first take, after learning a song...which may take me days to get it to where i like how it sounds, but really,
my first take usually sounds the best! if i can make it through all the way without messing up!
but rarely can i make it through! my wife is my sound "editor"...i'll look over at her and if she okay's it, then i'll post.
but, mostly she's shaking her head or has an odd look on her face, then i know, i have to do it again!
i wouldn't make it as a 'live' performer!

Performing live is a different kettle of fish. Often the audience don't notice a duff chord and even if they do, it's done and gone and you are onto the next bit, they can't rewind and revel in you mistakes. A mate of mine [a great guitarist] played a tune and messed up completely so stopped, said something like "only joking" and went straight into the next tune. :^)
Get yourself down to the local open mic and give it a try the people there will mostly have been in the same boat when they started and will cut you a lot of slack. Don't just be a 'bedroom warrior'.

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 04:04 AM

And to think, you could have known what the Season was going to be over a week ago.......

mythinformed
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
All the best Fred.

decaturcomp
01-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Good thread about takes, folks thanks. I usually decide on a key and print something out or read it off of the screen for the seasons. I used to be much better with memorization of songs but I do a lot more of them now. I could easily play 3-4 hours of songs without lead sheets in the guitar days but I played that instrument for decades and this one for around 3 years so far.

I DO find that I get more/more enthusiastic comments on songs that I have in my noodle rather than on paper.

In the band I'm learning more about feeling my way through a song I don't know. Some lead sheets just have a "G" written on the top or something like that. That makes adjustments for mistakes easier when I'm trying to record a first take or whatever, too.

01-25-2014, 03:50 PM
i'm not really just hanging around the computer and pressing refresh every five minutes to see if the new season is up

oh no

i'd never do that

:uhoh:

well

not MUCH

saturday night

waiting for the new season

YOU CAN FEEL THE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWD4SzmsEs

myrnaukelele
01-25-2014, 03:52 PM
i'm not really just hanging around the computer and pressing refresh every five minutes to see if the new season is up

oh no

i'd never do that

:uhoh:

well

not MUCH

saturday night

waiting for the new season

YOU CAN FEEL THE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWD4SzmsEs
Rock that concert uke!!

lelouden
01-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Its like were a bunch of chickens waiting around the feed house for scratch to be thrown down:)

01-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Rock that concert uke!!
yeah baby!

Its like were a bunch of chickens waiting around the feed house for scratch to be thrown down:)
like bees round honey

only this week

frisbee fred is the honey

:eek:

ooh, fred - come over here, sweetie, we want you!

lelouden
01-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Freds a Tease! I see you lurking Fred. You think this is real funny don't you :)

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 04:15 PM
ooh, fred - come over here, sweetie, we want you!

If only you weren't a continent away :mraz:

myrnaukelele
01-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Please don't hold back the announcement in deference to the 101st season. I'm as anxious as everyone else to find out next week's theme!

01-25-2014, 04:20 PM
we ALL want you, fred

you'll be spreading yourself a bit thin, but it'll be worth it!

lol!

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Please don't hold back the announcement in deference to the 101st season. I'm as anxious as everyone else to find out next week's theme!

Don't want to have "season creep" where it keeps getting announced a little earlier and earlier. I remember a discussion Alan was having about it and it seems as though 10pm eastern is when a lot of people do it. Normally, I'm like Linda and Lynda hitting refresh all the time about now.......:o

lelouden
01-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes Fred I can still see you! We all want you...

to post the darn thing, will ya! :smileybounce:

myrnaukelele
01-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Really - This week's host won't mind a bit if you post it right now!!

lelouden
01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Fred loves all us women waiting on him. Its every mans dream to be waited on! (see what I did) :)

01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
see what I did :)
i saw what you did

and i liked what you did

CeeJay
01-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Yes, but did it do it, did it ?

Did it do it den, did it ?

Doh

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Fred loves all us women waiting on him. Its every mans dream to be waited on! (see what I did) :)

It just happens so rarely.....

lelouden
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Na, the guy can't be broke (like all men) he's gunna make us wait another hour!

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 05:11 PM
The video is up!

frisbee fred
01-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Wow, that quieted everyone up......

01-26-2014, 02:34 AM
lol!

and blah blah blah

KoaDependent
01-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Sometimes the only thing worse than waiting for a new season is waiting to find out who won the past ones...

we tigers
01-30-2014, 08:30 AM
And there are still a few that need "closure"...
50, 86, ...

Tootler
01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
And there are still a few that need "closure"...
50, 86, ...

Guilty as charged m'lud. I keep forgetting to do my last hosting I'll just have to go for the drawing from a hat after all this time.

ukuloonie
01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
I love the Hat

ChrisDeston821
02-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Eager for the week ahead (: but will have to wait until sober in the morning it seems

02-07-2014, 05:38 PM
chris i think you are a day ahead to be eager for the week ahead! new season usually goes up saturday night, UK time... and sometimes not 'til sunday morning for us

frisbee fred
02-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Pabrizzer has next week. He wouldn't make us wait until Sunday morning. He's our friend.....

ukuleledaddy
02-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Isn't it already Saturday night in Australia?

lelouden
02-07-2014, 08:15 PM
5:12 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2014 (EST)
Time in Sydney NSW, Australia

It's approx. 11:20pm in Arizona right now. If Pa posts after dinner on a Sat. night then I should set my alarm for 1:30am? :)

decaturcomp
02-07-2014, 09:44 PM
"a Pa season is a righteous season"
-Gatemouth Brown 63609

02-08-2014, 03:47 AM
Pabrizzer has next week. He wouldn't make us wait until Sunday morning. He's our friend.....
ooh yeah - pa should be nice and prompt!

Isn't it already Saturday night in Australia?
i think it's always saturday night in australia

yeah baby

I should set my alarm for 1:30am? :)
yes

ChrisDeston821
02-08-2014, 04:25 AM
chris i think you are a day ahead to be eager for the week ahead!

Erm, yeah.. About that..
It may or may not have been 3:30am..
And I may or may not have been slightly intoxicated..
And y'know, completely forgot what day it was..? But wanted to play my uke :)

Haha, sorry guys! I meant no disrespect to Ukuloonie or the current season!

xommen
02-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Erm, yeah.. About that..
And y'know, completely forgot what day it was..? But wanted to play my uke :)

Haha, sorry guys! I meant no disrespect to Ukuloonie or the current season!

Well, you do know, you can play your uke regardless right, you don't need a season to play uke (at least I don't ;)).

02-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Erm, yeah.. About that..
And y'know, completely forgot what day it was..?
ha! that's what i figured! i just didn't want you to sit there with your eyes propped open with matchsticks waiting for something that wasn't gonna happen for maybe another 24 hours! lol!

"a Pa season is a righteous season"

well it's bound to be!

can't wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRIh1-68Yg

pa, pa, you're so far away
but I can see you play every day
in the seasons
in the seasons

pa, pa, this is your week
pa, pa, i'm too excited to speak
oh yeah
oh yeah

pa, pa, what's your theme gonna be?
pa, pa, I guess pretty soon we'll see

I guess you'll post pretty early
and then begins all the hurly burly
I guess you'll post pretty soon,
i'm guessing maybe this afternoon in the UK
yay

I say that because
you're in oz

it's not gonna be long 'til we can start doing our songs

yeah
yeah
oh yeah
oh yeah

decaturcomp
02-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Hah! BEST self referential Seasons song evar!!!

ha! that's what i figured! i just didn't want you to sit there with your eyes propped open with matchsticks waiting for something that wasn't gonna happen for maybe another 24 hours! lol!

well it's bound to be!

can't wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRIh1-68Yg

pa, pa, you're so far away
but I can see you play every day
in the seasons
in the seasons

pa, pa, this is your week
pa, pa, i'm too excited to speak
oh yeah
oh yeah

pa, pa, what's your theme gonna be?
pa, pa, I guess pretty soon we'll see

I guess you'll post pretty early
and then begins all the hurly burly
I guess you'll post pretty soon,
i'm guessing maybe this afternoon in the UK
yay

I say that because
you're in oz

yeah
yeah
oh yeah
oh yeah

chrimess
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
2 year anniversary, guys!

pabrizzer
02-08-2014, 10:09 AM

I sure hope that means we'll get a song from you Christian.
104 - It didn't twig til I read this.

ukuleledaveey
02-08-2014, 11:20 AM
:shaka::nana:
Happy 2nd birthday and fingers crossed my hand and wrist will be better for week 104

pabrizzer
02-08-2014, 11:27 AM
:shaka::nana:
Happy 2nd birthday and fingers crossed my hand and wrist will be better for week 104

Mine too Davey - you gotta be there mate.

pabrizzer
02-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Here's a clue.
Wrong Hat Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uKMFVHTZZA

ChrisDeston821
02-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Season about the washing line maybe? ;)

lelouden
02-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Here's a clue.
Wrong Hat Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uKMFVHTZZA

Short sweet one take songs.....Songs by Tom somebody.....I give???

frisbee fred
02-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Doing another week of the blues?

frisbee fred
02-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I've got it. Only people with Ukelites shirts can win!

frisbee fred
02-15-2014, 02:01 PM
tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....

UkeCan1
02-15-2014, 02:24 PM
tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....tap....

Fred, I had exactly the same thought at exactly the same moment. I was just about to come here and type a series of taps.

And it's pretty much all your fault, so it's perfect it's you. Your blues week two weeks ago was the one that finally got me to stop saying, "I think I'll take this week off." (Because that inevitably led to, "But if I did participate, what would I do?" Which of course inevitably led to picking something too cool to resist, which in turn inevitably led of course to doing that very thing. (And lately, one or two other things that popped into my head unbidden.)

I'm not even trying to resist any more. I did my hat song and bonus non-hat-clothing song by Tuesday this week (I never meant to do a bonus song ... it just took me over and I had to ... just as I never meant to do three freakin' blues songs ... with one I'm still gonna do some day ....). So now I got nothing left to do but come sit here and tap till somebody tells me what to do next!!!!

Tap ... tap ... tap ... tap ... tap ..................................................
Refresh ... tap ... tap ... tap ... do something else for a few seconds ... refresh ... tap ... tap ... refresh ... tap ... tap ........ HELP!

(Does not help at all that I have been left alone with the big box of Valentine chocolates somebody bought me.)

Tap ... tap ... edit post ... refresh ... nibble ... tap ..........

frisbee fred
02-15-2014, 02:34 PM
My fault?? Now that's a bit harsh. Are you telling me you NEVER waited impatiently for the next season prior to 102? Not sure I believe that........