FS: Pohaku Koa/Pearwood Tenor by Peter Hurney

Status
Not open for further replies.

erivel

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I am offering another fine Peter Hurney creation. This is the second tenor he's made with this wood combination. It features a solid AAA Koa top and solid Pearwood back and sides. The neck is a beautiful stained mahogany that is fast and easy to play. Maple bindings on the top. The fingerboard is Granadillo, which is a species of rosewood. A Mahogany bridge with Elm burl veneer. The nut is bone and the saddle is black Tusq. The tuners are geared Grovers. I have it strung with Aquillas. Nice hard shell case included.

I'm challenged when it comes to describing tone. I'd call it "sweet." The Pearwood is probably on the brighter side, and the Koa top warms up the sound. You can hear a few sound samples here:

http://youtu.be/F5b0_CvSiSs

http://youtu.be/i22qH4G6uuk

I bought this new from Peter at the end of November of 2012. This is one that I hate to sell, but need to help fund another purchase. No trades at this time please.

SOLD

Please email me if you are interested or have questions: ecv31@hotmail.com

The link for more pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/19092957@N04/sets/72157633055816831/

8585406434_c26c851276_c.jpg

8579867820_1d27fb6a48_c.jpg

8579865078_cca9305301_c.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh - nice! If I didn't already have 3 Pohakus I'd love this one. Good luck with the sale neighbor!

Wow . . . now you have me wondering what your next one is. No one trades down around here:)

Ooh - nice! If I didn't already have 3 Pohakus I'd love this one. Good luck with the sale neighbor!

Whaaaa Mary...How many nice ukes you have.. Good Luck Eric on the sale..it looks like an amazing ukulele at a great price for that grade of wood....wow me wants:drool:

Wow . . . now you have me wondering what your next one is. No one trades down around here:)

Well Gary, I bought a couple of nice acoustic guitars this week...I'm selling this uke and a couple of my other guitars to make room. But I am working out plans for another custom uke.

Whaaaa Mary...How many nice ukes you have.. Good Luck Eric on the sale..it looks like an amazing ukulele at a great price for that grade of wood....wow me wants:drool:

Stan, trade ya for your Moore Bettah...ha ha! :)

Its soo pretty and sounds so good, I couldn't resist if it had a radius fretboard? I finally have standardized on a tenor with radius fretboard, I find it much easier to play. Tell me the fretboard is radiused.
Bob

Its soo pretty and sounds so good, I couldn't resist if it had a radius fretboard? I finally have standardized on a tenor with radius fretboard, I find it much easier to play. Tell me the fretboard is radiused.
Bob

Sorry Bob, not radiused. I've never played a Mya Moe or any other radiused neck, so I don't know the difference.

Cannot believe this Pohaku is not sold quite yet. This is a great buy.

Eh Eric, surprised you still have this and surprised no one has jumped on it . . . good luck in the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom