PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

muzikengineer
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
So i have been shopping all day for a Tenor uke case, Called all guitar centers in my area, Went to 4 guitar stores within a 10 mile radius of my house. All stores have Concert or Soprano gig bags. But no Tenor. I called one guitar center and argued with a rep. He claimed Tenor ukulele's didn't exist :uhoh: WAY TO GO GUITAR CENTER!! That place never ceases to disgust me.......

Anyway. I am gonna keep looking. but, i think i found a backup plan. I own a lap steel slide guitar that has a case with it. The uke does fit. But the zipper doesn't close all the way...What do you guys think? (pictures below)

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/muzikengineer/uke2.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/muzikengineer/uke1.jpg

therimidalv
12-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I think, as long as your uke is covered and protected, why not? Or at least till you can find a proper case. But SERIOUSLY? he said there were no tenor ukuleles?! Wow. Just goes to show just how much they know about what products they sell.

sebi
12-18-2008, 09:26 AM
yeah, your uke just needs to be protected. i have a gig bag for mandolin for my tenor uke and it protects it well.

hey, that guy at the GC is a d***! how can he work in a guitar store and say that there are no tenor ukes? that store is so unbelievable! sorry, had to say that.

muzikengineer
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I am not a big fan of guitar center lol. What i don't understand is, They have this test you have to take and pass before Your hired. I applied there about 5 years ago. So i don't understand why they have all these reps who don't know jack about instruments.

If i do end up using this case I have now, I am probably gonna stick a sock or something where the zipper isn't closed all the way......I am gonna see if the flight attendant will personally hold it for me on the flight....If i see somebody ram a bag on my uke its gonna be meet the fockers all over again....(Scene where he is in the airplane screaming at the flight attendant) :rofl:

dnewton2
12-18-2008, 09:41 AM
If the shoe fits, wear it.

To be fair the guy does work at guitar center not ukulele center. If someone asked me about some guitar question I probably wouldn't know the answer. I wouldn't go as far as to argue with someone, so that is kinda jerky. But I don't expect every musician/music store employee to have an extesive knowledge of the ukulele. Maybe if I lived in Hawaii but I live in the Eastern US.

russ_buss
12-18-2008, 09:50 AM
If the shoe fits, wear it.

To be fair the guy does work at guitar center not ukulele center. If someone asked me about some guitar question I probably wouldn't know the answer. I wouldn't go as far as to argue with someone, so that is kinda jerky. But I don't expect every musician/music store employee to have an extesive knowledge of the ukulele. Maybe if I lived in Hawaii but I live in the Eastern US.

you beat me to it dnewton. i completely agree. guitar center employees aren't walking encyclopedias of knowledge.

to the OP, have you checked musiciansfriend.com or MGM? should be plenty of tenor ukulele cases online.

muzikengineer
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
All of musiciansfriend bags are back ordered (Not real surprising :D ) I need it by tomorrow...I am gonna use that lap steel case.........

I agree with you about the reps not knowing about all instruments. But the first thing he told me was. "there isn't such thing as Tenor ukulele" I said I own one. and he said i didn't......He crossed that line of not knowing about something to being an idiot... lol

The good news is, at least i have something to carry it in. and most of all. I will have my ukulele with me!! Woot!