What do you think?

muzikengineer

Reaction score
So i have been shopping all day for a Tenor uke case, Called all guitar centers in my area, Went to 4 guitar stores within a 10 mile radius of my house. All stores have Concert or Soprano gig bags. But no Tenor. I called one guitar center and argued with a rep. He claimed Tenor ukulele's didn't exist :uhoh: WAY TO GO GUITAR CENTER!! That place never ceases to disgust me.......

Anyway. I am gonna keep looking. but, i think i found a backup plan. I own a lap steel slide guitar that has a case with it. The uke does fit. But the zipper doesn't close all the way...What do you guys think? (pictures below)

uke2.jpg

uke1.jpg

I think, as long as your uke is covered and protected, why not? Or at least till you can find a proper case. But SERIOUSLY? he said there were no tenor ukuleles?! Wow. Just goes to show just how much they know about what products they sell.

yeah, your uke just needs to be protected. i have a gig bag for mandolin for my tenor uke and it protects it well.

hey, that guy at the GC is a d***! how can he work in a guitar store and say that there are no tenor ukes? that store is so unbelievable! sorry, had to say that.

I am not a big fan of guitar center lol. What i don't understand is, They have this test you have to take and pass before Your hired. I applied there about 5 years ago. So i don't understand why they have all these reps who don't know jack about instruments.

If i do end up using this case I have now, I am probably gonna stick a sock or something where the zipper isn't closed all the way......I am gonna see if the flight attendant will personally hold it for me on the flight....If i see somebody ram a bag on my uke its gonna be meet the fockers all over again....(Scene where he is in the airplane screaming at the flight attendant) :rofl:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

To be fair the guy does work at guitar center not ukulele center. If someone asked me about some guitar question I probably wouldn't know the answer. I wouldn't go as far as to argue with someone, so that is kinda jerky. But I don't expect every musician/music store employee to have an extesive knowledge of the ukulele. Maybe if I lived in Hawaii but I live in the Eastern US.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

To be fair the guy does work at guitar center not ukulele center. If someone asked me about some guitar question I probably wouldn't know the answer. I wouldn't go as far as to argue with someone, so that is kinda jerky. But I don't expect every musician/music store employee to have an extesive knowledge of the ukulele. Maybe if I lived in Hawaii but I live in the Eastern US.

you beat me to it dnewton. i completely agree. guitar center employees aren't walking encyclopedias of knowledge.

to the OP, have you checked musiciansfriend.com or MGM? should be plenty of tenor ukulele cases online.

All of musiciansfriend bags are back ordered (Not real surprising :D ) I need it by tomorrow...I am gonna use that lap steel case.........

I agree with you about the reps not knowing about all instruments. But the first thing he told me was. "there isn't such thing as Tenor ukulele" I said I own one. and he said i didn't......He crossed that line of not knowing about something to being an idiot... lol

The good news is, at least i have something to carry it in. and most of all. I will have my ukulele with me!! Woot!

Top Bottom