FS Collings UT3 Spruce & Maple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailgate

Reaction score
She's a beauty and plays like butter but I just never bonded with her so this is a 'we'll still be friends, but I'm moving on' sale. Plus, I just picked up a CR, so this sale is timely, budget wise.

The quilted maple back and sides are stunning. Sitka spruce top and Collings haircut headstock. Currently has Living Waters strings with Low G. Geared peghead tuners. Collings attention to detail and solid construction.

Purchased from Acoustic Vibes in Tempe on 11/7/12
Original price $2,340.
Includes custom Collings case.

Price is $1,950, including shipping to lower 48. Paypal fees assumed by buyer.

Collings is apparently not scheduled to produce any more ukes until end of 2014, so this uke will be somewhat of a rarity for a good while.

I'm attaching a couple of sound samples that will hopefully open for you. Excuse my poor playing, but you'll get the basic idea of the sound. If for some reason the files don't play, I can email them (produced on a Mac using Quicktime recorder, so I'm not sure about how they will play on a PC).

Full disclaimer: seems to be a slight finish nick from the string change just below the bridge at the C string. It's extremely hard to spot and I tried to capture it in a couple of pics (attached) but it's so slight it won't even show up at close range and several angles. It is not noticeable unless you are really, really looking for it. If you're concerned I can take several more pics to see if I can get it to show up.

PM me if you have any additional questions.. thanks for looking.. Bob

Attachments

• DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 146
More pics

more pics .. sound samples, hopefully in next post.

Attachments

• DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 91
ok, I'll say it...that's THE most beautiful Collings I've seen. How I wish... :drool:

Utterly beautiful. Low G sounds wonderful on this instrument.

ok, I'll say it...that's THE most beautiful Collings I've seen. How I wish... :drool:

hey Jon... with your style and level of play, this uke would be awesome in your hands! Would love you play it! I'm keeping sale to conus, but for you I'd ship to Tasmania and pay the shipping :cool:

Amazing Collings!

That is an amazing instrument. I just sold my Collings UT2-K and it had the same small string nicks just below the bridge as yours. Hard to see unless you look hard for it. Good luck with the sale and congratulations on your new Compass Rose. That one is on my wish list as well. Did you get your CR from Gryphon?

That is an amazing instrument. I just sold my Collings UT2-K and it had the same small string nicks just below the bridge as yours. Hard to see unless you look hard for it. Good luck with the sale and congratulations on your new Compass Rose. That one is on my wish list as well. Did you get your CR from Gryphon?

yes, snapped it up as soon as I saw the 'heads up' on the forum. So far, it's awesome sounding...very warm. The Collings is great, but a tad bright for me.

Uke is sold... thanks all for viewing and all considerations...

Last edited:
Post closed

Bob, thankyou so much for your generous terms. If I ever was going to try tenor scale again it was going to be Collings. This just happens to be the prettiest one I ever did see and I like 'bright' so it should fit the bill perfectly. So much for keeping money in the bank for more than a couple of weeks...shucks

UAS slave I am
:deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom