New Baritone Uke Day

pdxuke

Reaction score
Yesterday I awoke to what I've been waiting for: a modern build (2011) used Kamaka Baritone.

This one is sold thru Elderly. I am having their techs set it up with the Lambchop D'Addario d'gbe' method, since Elderly doesn't stock Southcoast strings.

I'll upload pics That I snarfed from Elderly's website.

This pretty much completes my Baritone Empire. I now get to spend the summer playing, changing strings, and enjoying.

I landed on your thread immediately after laying the same instrument in its case. I was immensely enjoying a few mellow tunes with my Sunday morning coffee.

Congratulations. You have chosen well.

Another bari! You don't do things by halves, do you? :)

Congrats, need pictures and videos!

John

Yeah...where are the "promised" pics of all these Barrys????????????....not to mention comparative sound samples.

Well, here's the deal.

My bride of 30 years and I were getting ready to list the house we raised our three children in for sale, to downsize. So there was that. And then, yesterday, before the house even was listed, it sold. And WE HAVE TO MOVE BY APRIL 24. So imagine doing that in a 4100 sq ft house that you raised three kids in and lived in for 25 years.

On top of that, TODAY WE JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER HOUSE. Our downsize house.

And, both my bride and I teach full time. And I'm in the middle of production for the school play. And I'm a college professor one night a week.

Now all of these problems are great to have. I'm not complaining.

But I hope you can see why posting pictures of ukuleles and making sound clips is way, way, waaaaay down on the TO DO list.

But I still love you all and this is a great place to visit to relax. :)

PS: I HAVE posted pics. When I bought the Martin--pics. When I bought the Favilla--pics. In fact, you can click on the link in my sig to SEE the Favilla. :) Patience, grasshoppers....

Last edited:
Hey...no worries!

It's just that, with respect to Barry Tones, we live vicariously through you....master!

Let the force of the Barry flow through you... play...play.. and listen to Doc's videos on YouTube and to Benny Chong....Use the force, young ones...

NICE!!!! I can see David Carradine walking off into the sunset with a Barry tucked under his arm!!

Sadly I'm finding this magnetic attraction to vintage Barrys......I keep looking at the Lanikai blems....but find myself waiting for the next Harmony...or Silvertone or similar Barry to appear.

NICE!!!! I can see David Carradine walking off into the sunset with a Barry tucked under his arm!!

Sadly I'm finding this magnetic attraction to vintage Barrys......I keep looking at the Lanikai blems....but find myself waiting for the next Harmony...or Silvertone or similar Barry to appear.

I really like the spruce top Regal I have. I have it tuned cuatro in D.

Ha, I like NewKid's new name for you. Congratulations on the exciting goings on house-wise, Baritone Emperor.

Your strum tests live in legend, but we will be patient.

Last edited:
Top Bottom