Oasis Strings....String Test re entrent

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha Dave,
Thank you for considering me for your product...I got your Oasis Strings on Friday but I am sick...but I just put them on about half an hour ago...they are still breaking and stretching,
I have two early seventies kamaka concert tikis, and I have one sounding better than the other...on the first one I have Martin M600's and it sounds great, everyone says so too and
amazed how great it sounds while playing it....and on the second Kamaka tiki I had some fleurocarbons and it sounded dull and flat, big difference...so I thought to try your strings and
test them on there...I am amazed how great the uke sounds even while breaking in and fast too..I love them..I really do, so much that I wonder if I can order more from you..really
Okay they are a soft to medium light compound medium guage strings and I have slight more volume..lots more resonation and sweetness...very balanced tone to me....wow they have
a light to medium tension which makes them a comfort to play and I am sold of the feel of them...Very Impressed by them...it pleasantly surprised me soo much..thank you for considering me to test your fantastic strings...love them man... He may be still offering them to test in the introduction page under Uke Strings or WWW.oasisstrings.com Oasis, Inc. Columbia, MD 21044
these strings are made in USA Uke 8000 soprano/concert Hi G strings... Now I will try your low G strings... let me know if they are available for sale
anyone intrested should really give these strings a go.. :)

Aloha Dave

thanks for the Oasis strings..i got mine on Saturday

I put them on my 2011 Kanile'a concert..which had aquillas with a LowG(red) on it..i was loking for some strings that would maybe get my uke to sound more clean/clear and keep the nice low/bass tone of my Kanile'a..i also like the way they feel..kind of soft but firm

like Stan I was surprised..seems like your strings help me find what I was looking for..i put the strings on Saturday night and letting them stretch out at little more..but so far I like them..most of my ukes are tenors so want to try your tenor strings when they come out..

I used the .0217 A string first and going to keep this strings on for a while..I will update you in a little while

Btw your wound LowG is nice and has a nice balance with the top 3 strings..I am now using flat wound lowG strings..no squeak..

thaks again for the strings
take care
Len

Aloha Dave, I got my set yesterday and have only time to put them on my Lanikai Concert Monkey Pod. I usually have Fremont Blacks on it so that is what I will compair them to. They are still streaching in but the inital big streach didn't seem to take as long as some other strings. They aren't as firm as the Fremont but far from what I would call spongy or soft. My initial impressions are favorable. The intonation seems good all the way up the neck, they play smooth and have a nice bright sound.

These strings come in 46" lengths so I will put the other half on my Kamaka.

Once I get more playing time on them and try the other tension A strings I will update this.

Thanks for letting my test drive them.

Jim

Yeah I am liking the strings so far..they streach evenly and quite fast..i really like the feel of the strings so would say give them a try..they sound nice on my Kanile'a concert more clear/bright then other strings I had on them,but the low mellow base tones still there

want to try tenor LowG as soon as you have them thxs

Aloha Dave,
Mahalo for allowing me to test drive your product. I have it on a Maui Music pre-fire Soprano. I like the feel and the tonal qualities it gives my uke. I put it on today so I'll let it settle and give more insite to them later.
So far from what I hear, I like very much.
Again, Mahalo................Bo.............

Man, with great recommendations from players I truly respect, it almost makes me want to cut one of my tenors down to a concert so I can try them out. Glad to hear another good string has entered the market.

There seems to be two threads running on this topic. Here's my post from the other thread...

Day three. The strings are settling in. They stay in tune through a few strums. Tuned last night and they were down by a step or more this morning. So they're still stretching. They make the Luna Tattoo sound better, brighter than the Aquilas, with more sustain. Nice balanced tone. No sacrifice in volume. I think I'll like these strings. I'll put the other half on my KoAlana concert when these settle in. 2 of 3 ukuleles at home with new strings. I want them to settle before restringing another.

Impression so far: Good strings that I like to play. Good intonation and easy fretting. Thanks for letting me test them.

I am liking these strings a lot.if you are a string junkie like me see no reason not to have these too..

I like the feel of the strings and to me they have a clear/cleaner sound on my Kanile'a then I remember
Thanks Dave hope the tenor strings available soon..

Hey Chuck..

they feel softer then Worths but firm at the same time too..
but I love changing strings with the best of um..

Thought I would chip in my thoughts about these strings. Full review with sound samples/comparisons can be found here....

http://ukeonomics.blogspot.com/2013/04/oasis-ukulele-strings-full-review.html

Bottom line - I really like these strings! I think they sound really nice on my Favilla. Tonally, they are clear, rich, and sweet. I think that the sustain is nice too.

I did some experimenting with the alternative A strings, but the "original" A string (.0185) was my favorite.

Thanks for the review. I have a test set of these strings too. I took Aquila Nylgut strings off my Luna Tattoo Concert for these. My first impression is that they are a little quieter than the Aquilas. Their tone is brighter however and I think they improve the sound. I've had them on for over a week and they still haven't settled. Maybe I'm not playing that uke enough. It flats half a step overnight.

I have a KoAlana Concert that is strung with the stock strings. Worth Clears, I'm guessing. The Worth package shows KoAloha ukuleles. There is no comparing the sound between these two ukuleles because the KoAlana blows the Luna out of the water, but the strings on the KoAlana feel thinner and lighter tension to me and I prefer that feel. The action on the Luna is a little high so I may be feeling that.

Overall I like the Oasis strings and prefer them to Aquila and D'Addario T2 Titanium strings which I've also tried on the Luna.

I volunteered to test these strings as well. I think Oasis has a winner here!

Prior to trying the Oasis strings, I had Aquila and D'Addario Pro Arte J92s on my uke. Of the three, I liked the Oasis strings the best. They sounded louder and brighter than the others on my uke. (Lanikai LU-21C) It may have been due to the lighter gauge but the Oasis strings felt softer or more comfortable and easier to play than the others as well. It's just what this starter uke needed. Two thumbs up!

I only use Oasis strings on m'y uke for the last 2 years. The only thing is that I use their GPX classical guitar set because they didn't make any uke strings before........i guess that their uke set is à re-packaging of their classical set?

I like how they give that fluoro type of sound but with a nice feeling for the fingers.....

On my sound clips what you hear is my LFDM uke with Oasis GPX classical guitar set...

https://soundcloud.com/baouke

These strings on my Flea sing nicely. Tension, tone, and sustain are right on.

On a concert Luna Tattoo they are just so-so.

Top Bottom