Hi from England

Lord Brett

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently took up the Uke, many years after last picking up an instrument, in order to add some songs to a weekly children's Storytime at the public library where I work.

I'm pretty well hooked now. My current instrument is a cheap Blue Moon soprano ukulele, and I want my playing to improve (and save up some money) before I move up to something of a better quality.

Look forward to your help and advice.

You are definitely in the right place. I took the Uke up almost twelve months ago and this site has been invaluable with advice and encouragement. My advice is to have a look on the "Seasons" forum for some members videos and join in. You can get advice and help with ANYTHING Uke related on this site. Welcome. I'm also in England.

Thanks for the advice Dave. As I'm already playing and singing to an audience it's in my best interests to get good as quickly as possible. I've pretty well nailed Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!

Welcome to UU Brett. Where in England are you ?

I'm on the Leeds-Bradford border, and boy, is it cold up here right now!

Welcome from a bloody cold Cheshire!

I took up the uke at Christmas and I just love everything about it - the fact that I can now be 'musical' (as opposed to loud - a drummer of 40+ years) is great - but it's also great to learn the history, how to set them up, how to tinker with them and even how they're made.

Definitely a game changer for me that I wished I'd done years ago!

Enjoy UU - it's a cracking forum, probably the best I've ever been on, no matter the topic..... :D

Top Bottom