Opihi Moe Moe - GCEG tuning

i see the thumb pick, does he have picks on his other fingers too or is he using his fingers? i just bought one of those picks, and i dont see the appeal

Thanks for the link. Sweet sounds.

i see the thumb pick, does he have picks on his other fingers too or is he using his fingers? i just bought one of those picks, and i dont see the appeal

Its a developed technique. He uses two picks (one on his index). I can't play with it, but my nephew (imi) and my oldest son can. Actually, my nephew does it like Led (or tries to), hence this vid is to push him more.

Ledward has a two finger style that lends to his style of play. The appeal in using a pick is the sound that is generated. I'm guessing that because he plays guitar (among other things), that skill is just transferred to the `ukulele.

You're right, using a pick is not for everyone. I've seen Bryan Tolentino use it effectively, for different effect. If you really want to know, you have to see Led play in person. Videos do him no justice. Kona Brewing Company, Sunday nights - right around the corner from you. . .
-Aaron

If you really want to know, you have to see Led play in person. Videos do him no justice. Kona Brewing Company, Sunday nights - right around the corner from you. . .
-Aaron

Next time I am on the Big I, I will have to check that out.

Next time I am on the Big I, I will have to check that out.

Sorry, Kona Brewing Company in Hawaii Kai.

definitely gonna check it out sometime. im pretty sure my dad will agree to go because it s a brewery;)

My favorite is the Hefeweitzen, on tap! Call first to see if he's playing. My friend came in from the mainland, drove out there to find out that Led was ON the mainland.

-Aaron

Top Bottom