I Will Be Here - Steven Curtis Chapman / Keili'i Reichel

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This song has the most meaning to me and my wife as this is the song I sang to her when I proposed. In our wedding reception, my wife surprised me and did the Hula in her mermaid wedding dress.

I only did one verse and the tabs are attached below. I am very proud of this song as it's the first one I tried to figure out without copying anyone else. Thanks to www.ukebuddy.com as I had different variations of chords up the fretboard.

Tabs Page 1.jpg
Tabs - Page 2.jpg
Tabs - Page 3.jpg
Chords.JPG

Last edited:
This song has the most meaning to me and my wife as this is the song I sang to her when I proposed.

Oh my goodness - this is the same song that my husband and I had at our wedding in 1995 :) Very meaningful to us, too!

You played it superbly, Daniel - full of emotion, and such a lovely tone.
I would like to ask for the tabs, please - but I HIGHLY DOUBT I can play it. It looks and sounds very fiddly!!! But I will try learning it, at least the first bars.

Your wife is a filipina, yes? You're very blessed then :p So is my husband :p

That's really nice. That song is also very special to my wife and me. Perfect way to start my morning. Thanks.

Oh my goodness - this is the same song that my husband and I had at our wedding in 1995 :) Very meaningful to us, too!

You played it superbly, Daniel - full of emotion, and such a lovely tone.
I would like to ask for the tabs, please - but I HIGHLY DOUBT I can play it. It looks and sounds very fiddly!!! But I will try learning it, at least the first bars.

Your wife is a filipina, yes? You're very blessed then :p So is my husband :p

Your wife Filipina too? :p Oh, you meant Filipino!

Yeah, this was "THE WEDDING SONG" for Christians back in the days and you still hear it occasionally.

Just like many songs, you can just play the first two strings and work down. Besides, you gots talents and since it has meaning for you too, you'll do it!

If you come to California, you gotta stop by Cerritos where I live as there are many Filipino restaurants!

Last edited:

She's correct with the "Filipina" Brah. FYI, just as in Spanish ... a lot of words will end with an "a" when pertaining to female/feminine gender or object ... just as a word that ends with an "o" would be used for male/masculine gender or object. Don't know if that makes sense ... I don't know how to describe it properly. In Spanish grammar, objects can be feminine or masculine. It's called, "Gender of Nouns"

Last edited:
She's correct with the "Filipina" Brah. Just as in Spanish, a lot of words will end with an "a" when pertaining to female/feminine ... an "o" would be used for male/masculine.

Oopss...I meant her husband...nevermind. Trying to be funny but apparantly not!! HAHA

Just added the tabs

Last edited:

I meant, my husband is English and he is blessed (like you are blessed) with a lovely Filipina wife ;)

If you come to California, you gotta stop by Cerritos where I live as there are many Filipino restaurants!

I've never been to America - from what I gather, California is like a province of the Philippines :D Do you speak Tagalog/Cebuano/Ilocano?

I've pm'd you for the tabs for I Will Be Here. You play it soooooo nicely! It will be my standard!

Aloha,
Very, very nice. Good job and sentiment for a joyous occasion...........................Bo...............
BTW, I'm Pinoy too but born and raised in Honolulu and don't speak the language....

I meant, my husband is English and he is blessed (like you are blessed) with a lovely Filipina wife ;)

I've never been to America - from what I gather, California is like a province of the Philippines :D Do you speak Tagalog/Cebuano/Ilocano?

HAHA...now I understand, your English husband is definitely lucky.

My wife doesn't speak any but her uncle was Mario Montenegro, famous movie star and she is related to some guy named Jose Rizal.

love this so much! i remember playing this in the piano with full emotions. thank you for sharing the tabs even though i just feel like looking at it and my fingers are all frozen.

love this so much! i remember playing this in the piano with full emotions. thank you for sharing the tabs even though i just feel like looking at it and my fingers are all frozen.

Thanks for watching...I forgot how to play this song...sad but I gotta watch my own video and relearn it. hahaha

Top Bottom