Which ukelele brand is best?

ukelover7498

Reaction score
Diamondhead, Mahalo, or Kahalo? I'm looking to buy a ukelele to play songs I like, which would be better quality?

First, welcome to UU!

Second...if somebody held a gun to my head and forced me to choose I'd probably say Mahalo just because there are at least a few people who find them playable. However, all of those are pretty much the bottom of the spectrum - they probably all rolled off the same assembly line, for that matter, so there isn't a lot to choose from among them.

Third, don't even think about buying a uke, especially an inexpensive one, from anybody but a bonafide uke dealer that will set it up for you (this eliminates all of the major "big" online and B&M retailers, Amazon.com, Guitar Center, etc., etc, etc.) The ukes you mentioned come from the factory varying from almost tolerable to complete rubbish - and the big retailers just snatch a sealed factory box off the shipping palette and send it to you without so much as looking at what's in it.

John

what John already said

You'll enjoy ukeing way more if you spend some more bucks on your starter uke. Just keep in mind that ukuleles are in fact (and despite their size) serious musical instruments - and being serious does cost money.

How far are you willing/able to stretch your budget?

PS: And of course this is one of the most discussed topics already - e.g. in this thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom