What instrumentals to play?

electrauke

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I have been inspired to learn some instrumentals from the entries of my Seasons of the ukulele week. The problem is, I do not know what are good instrumentals to play. Please post good instrumentals for ukulele here. A video lesson would be better then tabs. I have tried While My Guitar Gently Weeps but I need to get more skill before I can play that.

Thanks,

ELECTRAUKE

A.K.A. Andre

Hmm have you ever tried dragon by jake? Dont know if there's any tabs out there for it but I found it pretty easy to learn by ear it only took me like 3 days and sounds really cool too the Van Halen tapping is pretty difficult though

Last edited:
Another Jake song that sounds really cool and is actually not too hard is Me and Shirley T. Somebody had an excellent tutorial on Youtube for that one--I can't remember who, but that's how I learned to play it, and it has become my go-to song to break out in front of doubters who don't believe the uke is a real instrument.

I just printed out the tab sheet and am LOVING this song, it is so subtle and peaceful.

You should rent the movie that song was in, Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard. Except for the offensively racist portrayal of a Japanese guy by Mickey Rooney, it's a good movie, and the song fits right in.

Last edited:
Ah, you're welcome. Let me know if you want any others on the site and I'll mail them on.

If folk music is your thing, look up claw hammer uke on You Tube. Plenty of stuff there plus some pretty good tutorials to get you started.

Here's someone playing cripple creek to give you some idea.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbX3prST-sg

Last edited:
Jake - 143 and Pianoforte are two nice tunes to play, Mission here posted two nice videos of Gentlemandolin and Dragon.

Beatles - Yesterday (Jake and davomac have good instructional videos), Come Together (UU with Aldriene), Something (Dominator has good tabs and instructional video for this one), Long and Winding Road (I got the guitar arrangement and just sounded out a chord/melody version but there are lots of videos) and just about anything else the Beatles did.

Frank Sinatra - My Way, you can find a good video on YT and there is a link to tabs.

There is a guy on YT that does chord/melody uke arrangements - just search chord melody uke on YT and he should pop up, he's a bit chatty but good.

Congrats on your new uke!! (I saw other thread)

Last edited:
Top Bottom