Craigslist Hawaii Koa Super Sopranos for 200.00 new

Hey Stan they look nice..what a price huh

need to see them in person as not all Koa Ukes are of the quality we expect from the choice of the wood being used! :)... as you know.

I'm sometimes excited about pricing, but then I need to remind myself that it's only a 'good deal' if it's really worth more than the asking price :).

Buyer Beware... I guess, is what I'm saying.

mm Stan, miss you Bro, got to get together and go visit Mike at HMS... hopefully this Summer :)

keep uke'in',

Hey Stan...let me know if you want to go look at these or maybe he come by to show you them?

Didn't they list on CL before but for higher price? I was checking out the CL when I was in Hawaii tryin to find a deal! LOL

I tried these out, all sizes, at a Leilehua High School craft fair last year. It was a bit more expensive at the time, can't remember the exact price, but it was at least a benjamin more than what he's asking for right now. Positives, these are solid wood ukuleles and it appears as though the koa being used now has a ton more figure than the ones I played... and the guy selling them was a really nice guy haha. Negatives, top/back/sides were too thick which definitely contributed to the muted sound (on all sizes), no kerfing and construction was questionable and didn't look like it'd last long (how long do you expect a $200 uke to last I guess eh?), and aesthetically there was quite a bit of excess glue which bothered my eye when I played them. For the price, I'd rather buy a KPK by far.

Maybe they changed their build methods since I last tried them about 8 months ago? The wood is definitely prettier than the ones I tried and the finish looks better. I would say to not buy it without trying first, so anyone on the mainland, don't do it.

I tried these out, all sizes, at a Leilehua High School craft fair last year. It was a bit more expensive at the time, can't remember the exact price, but it was at least a benjamin more than what he's asking for right now. Positives, these are solid wood ukuleles and it appears as though the koa being used now has a ton more figure than the ones I played... and the guy selling them was a really nice guy haha. Negatives, top/back/sides were too thick which definitely contributed to the muted sound (on all sizes), no kerfing and construction was questionable and didn't look like it'd last long (how long do you expect a $200 uke to last I guess eh?), and aesthetically there was quite a bit of excess glue which bothered my eye when I played them. For the price, I'd rather buy a KPK by far.

Maybe they changed their build methods since I last tried them about 8 months ago? The wood is definitely prettier than the ones I tried and the finish looks better. I would say to not buy it without trying first, so anyone on the mainland, don't do it.
many thanks for the background story ukestah :eek:ld:

many thanks for the background story ukestah :eek:ld:

No problem, Eugene. I'm figuring at that price, someone may take a stab at a solid koa uke without testing it out. I'm hoping they changed the ukes, I actually talked to the guy about the issues I noticed and he seemed to take it in, but who knows.

Hey nice to see again Dan..at least the rain stop for now huh..
when is the next craft fair at Leilehua..were they the only uke builders there?

Hey nice to see again Dan..at least the rain stop for now huh..
when is the next craft fair at Leilehua..were they the only uke builders there?

Not sure when the next one is, but I can ask and find out, Len. Yeah, Ka Ohana was the only one there with ukes and I stayed at that booth trying out the different sizes and talking to the seller for a while. lol Definitely good that the rain stopped, potholes are back now haha!

Not sure when the next one is, but I can ask and find out, Len. Yeah, Ka Ohana was the only one there with ukes and I stayed at that booth trying out the different sizes and talking to the seller for a while. lol Definitely good that the rain stopped, potholes are back now haha!

Hey Dan before if forget you going to the Hawaii Ukulele Festival this year..i never been so i going..
and i hope Stan don't mind we change the subject on his thread.. hehe

i bet we one the only UU members in the same small town..big cities not included i.e. San Francisco,New York tec..

Hey Dan before if forget you going to the Hawaii Ukulele Festival this year..i never been so i going..
and i hope Stan don't mind we change the subject on his thread.. hehe

i bet we one the only UU members in the same small town..big cities not included i.e. San Francisco,New York tec..

I've never been myself! I was supposed to go last year to meet up with Dan Ryerson after I bought a Mana'e tenor from him, but couldn't make it. We should go! Definitely small town, Wahiawa! LoL

I've never been myself! I was supposed to go last year to meet up with Dan Ryerson after I bought a Mana'e tenor from him, but couldn't make it. We should go! Definitely small town, Wahiawa! LoL

sounds good..but my style go very,very early and find parking then stay all day..and try to talk to everybody there i can..

Dan Ryerson..i talk to him for about an hour at the Ukulele Picnic..he moved to Mainland right..i think S.Dakota nice guy and he had some nice ukes there..also met Manny,J.Litchy and Shawn from the Ukulele Friend at the builders guild tent

sorry Stan jump in when you see the thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom