Yes, another New (to me) Uke Day!

teruterubouzu

Reaction score
She still needs a name, but I present my new Kiwaya K-Wave Telecaster-style uke! UU member MrEWorm recently purchased it, but he ended up selling it to me because he knew I wanted one so badly. Thanks again, MrEWorm. :)

tumblr_mkdffrzkKQ1s3n1tdo1_400.jpg

This is one of the ukuleles that inspired me to want to learn play and I'm thrilled to finally have it in my collection. It sounds fantastic when I plug it into my little Vox Mini 3 amp. I'm going to have so much fun with this.

When I had given up hope of ever finding one of these I had purchased the tele-style in gold. It is a cute ukulele, but a lot quieter and harder to play than the tele. I plan to experiment with it and maybe switch it to low-G. Here's a silly instagram shot of the whole family.

tumblr_mkdffrzkKQ1s3n1tdo2_500.jpg

Attachments

• kwavetele.jpg
    kwavetele.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 4
  • rockukefamily.jpg
    rockukefamily.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
You were so enthusiastic, I had to let you have it. Normally I hoard my instruments. I still have my grand fathers cornet.

Laona - Sargent Concert Band (2).jpgView attachment 51092

For the brief time I had the K.Wave I appreciated the fact that I could play it with or without an amp. The tuners work much better than I anticipated too. I took it to my uke class and the resident luthier was impressed with the neck on it. ho would expect an all plastic instrument to actually play well?
It looks like it had never been played by the previous owner.
Have a blast with it.

Well thank you again and thanks for sharing the photos of your grandfather and his cornet. It's beautiful!

My sister plays our great grandmother's violin, so I too appreciate keeping an instrument in the family. Have you seen The tululele from Earnest Instruments? You seem like someone who appreciates quality and they seem like ukes that would pass the heirloom test. Here's a link: http://www.earnestinstruments.com/tululele.html

Congrats on the new uke. Looks cool, but where's the whammy bar !!!!!

Hopefully you don't have anything else to do today. Enjoy.

Thanks, and LOL on the whammy bar. I can't wait to get home from work so I can play it some more. :)

Love your exuberance! Congratulations!

Looks nice!

Thanks! It's ridiculously cute in person.

Guess you will have to bring it to StrumMn on Monday night. :)

Next week won't work, but I will get up the nerve to get to StrumMN soon, but I would probably bring my coy Kala. That's the uke I'm most comfortable playing.

you.... left it at home.....?!?

I will admit I felt bad leaving it behind when I headed to the office this morning. They had two big launches though and probably wouldn't have appreciated any accompaniment. :)

Love your exuberance! Congratulations!

Thank you! I'm so glad I found ukulele. It has been such a positive new thing in my life.

Congrats on the new uke. Looks cool, but where's the whammy bar !!!!!

Hopefully you don't have anything else to do today. Enjoy.

Tele's don't have whammy bars, Strats do. :)

Actually, I saw a vintage tele that somebody had (poorly) attached a Bigsby to. It probably played all right but it hung in the shop for a long time 'cause it just didn't look right!

Oh...and @teruterubouzu congrats on the acquisition!

John

Those are both super cool. What do they sound like? Can we have a video or sound clip :D

Thanks! Nobody wants to hear me play these yet. :)

Here's a clip of Zooey Deschanel (I know, but I like her) playing the tele version.

Top Bottom