Found the wood for my Mya Moe

bhart

Reaction score
After hundreds of hours swimming through the Mya Moe cyber dream world, I have finally made a decision:

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1203

I am so happy and relieved to have settled on this beautiful set. Now, back to spending time actually playing the ukulele. Only 7.5 months before my *baby* arrives! :)

That's going to turn out beautiful.

I have a myrtle tenor Mya Moe #837

You're going to be so happy!

Oh, Patrick, I used your uke to help me choose! It is so beautiful. I'm glad you are enjoying playing it. I know I'm going to be a better player by the time mine arrives, because I've really upped my practicing in anticipation. I want to feel worthy of owning it. : )

Enjoy #837!

Lovely wood, bhart. Myrtle is cool... I have one older myrtle uke, and all myrtles have the "cowboy" American west look to them. It's not my style, so more I will not get, but I know it's popular among many. It sounds lovely, and I'm a huge Mya Moe fan. Cheers!

Is jealously authorized? that is beautiful!

That is beautiful wood. Mya-Moe's configuration tool and the tracker are really brilliant. I can see why people get so excited about them. I have no business getting a built to order uke, but their site certainly makes me want one.

Congratulations! One-piece tops are rare and beautiful. I have two myrtle MMs -- a tenor tradition (635) and a baritone classic (669). Myrtle's a great tone wood!

Last edited:
Lovely wood, bhart. Myrtle is cool... I have one older myrtle uke, and all myrtles have the "cowboy" American west look to them. It's not my style, so more I will not get, but I know it's popular among many. It sounds lovely, and I'm a huge Mya Moe fan. Cheers!

I agree that there's a cowboy feel to the myrtles. And I absolutely love some of the simpler ones, such as #948 which is probably my favorite of all the Mya Moe ukes. Its simplicity and beauty amazing.

mds725, the "dots" on the front and back are very interesting on 669

Char and I talked about using the wood on the back as the soundboard to create "eyes," but we decided that the dots might work better on the back. The uke was a little quiet when I got it, but it's opened up nicely.

Top Bottom