How to Post Tabs?

peter shebib

Reaction score
I've noticed in the song and tab sections a number of tabs posted. I would like to contribute, but have no idea how to. It was mentioned to just use notepad and paste, then use the code. I do not know how to get the 4 bars,strings, lines etc. from notepad? Any help would be appreciated.

I've noticed in the song and tab sections a number of tabs posted. I would like to contribute, but have no idea how to. It was mentioned to just use notepad and paste, then use the code. I do not know how to get the 4 bars,strings, lines etc. from notepad? Any help would be appreciated.

Its pretty simple.. you just kinda type it out like this:

|-------------------------------]

you hit the line, then hit dash tons of times , then you hit the bracket, then hit enter and do the same thing to the next line. or copy and paste the first line.

then once you do that you enter in all the appropriate numbers to make your tab. Its easiest in notepad because everything will look like it should because the font is evenly spaced.

I just realized that you may be unfamiliar with copy and paste.. um if you use windows you highlight the text you want to copy then hit CTRL+C this copies the text onto your clipboard. then you go to the 'reply to thread' page on UU select the Code sign which is the "#" and Paste the text between the two. To paste you hit CTRL+V. You can also do all of that with the right click of your mouse.

Or if you wanted to you can just save the .txt file you created in Notepad and attach it to the message that you write. You can attach files using the 'additional options'
Code:
Like this
Honey Baby:
A |-----4-5-4-7-7-7-7-5-4-4h5p4-7-7---------------]
E |---5-------------------------------------------]
C |-6---------------------------------------------]
G |-----------------------------------------------]

or 
Aldrine's Flashman theme:
A |------2---5-4--0--3-2-------------------2-2-2-2-------------]
E |-----3----------------3--5--3-----------2-2-2-3-------------]
C |--3/4--------------------------4p2--4---2-2-2-4-------------]
G |----------------------------------------2-2-2-2-------------]

When I edited this second tab ^ 
I used the evenly-spaced font "Courier" in a word processor.

Last edited:
well said davoomac. maybe there should be a stickied tutorial on creating neat tabs using the CODE tags lol

well said davoomac. maybe there should be a stickied tutorial on creating neat tabs using the CODE tags lol

Idk, I posted up an explanation really similar to this one in another thread... You are right it should be stickied lol

Thanks a lot, davoomac, Very clear, it would make a nice sticky so you don't have to repeat it and I'm sure most newbe members would find it very helpfull.

Thanks Again

Thanks a lot, davoomac, Very clear, it would make a nice sticky so you don't have to repeat it and I'm sure most newbe members would find it very helpfull.

Thanks Again

No problem! :D if i had to post it again then I'd copy and paste it next time.

Top Bottom