Suddenly Last Summer - The Motels 80's Cover

Ohhhh myyyyy GOOODNESSSSS!!!!! Woooo hoooo! Eric, this was absolutely AWESOME!!!! Fantastic! Incredible! I love, love, LOVE it!!! This just sounds so cool -- thank you so much for doing this! I really, really love how you strummed this, sung it, EVERYTHING!!!! :cool: I am so pumped up after hearing this!

You know what, I am going to have to bookmark this thread, Eric -- I just had to watch and listen again -- and of course, now I have to try to learn this one, too! Thanks so much, again, for doing this awesome cover!

Another winner Eric!!!!

Ohhhh myyyyy GOOODNESSSSS!!!!! Woooo hoooo! Eric, this was absolutely AWESOME!!!! Fantastic! Incredible! I love, love, LOVE it!!! This just sounds so cool -- thank you so much for doing this! I really, really love how you strummed this, sung it, EVERYTHING!!!! :cool: I am so pumped up after hearing this!

Thanks Chelle! I had about 20 minutes free time before I had to leave for work to crank this out. The quick and dirty version. Thanks for inspiring me to learn this song, I've been wanting to for ages. And that Martha Davis...what a voice! Amazingly, it still sounds exactly the same these days.

YES! Another great one Eric...
OK- I want to do a video mate-where in the bay are you?
It is time Berlin's Metro was done on Ukulele, on BART.
I am every bit as hot as Terri Nunn :) We can do this!

After all this time my dumb, slightly slow minded, brain finely put together TCK and The Cloverdale Kid. :)

. . . and yes, every bit as hot!

Eric, you are amazing, man. I just saw the 1963 vid with Cave, no clue how I missed it before, and it is soooo good.

Hey, man, you know how to rock the 80's, that's for certain. I like in Suddenly Last Summer (which will always remind me of going to Hampton Beach, NH with my girlfriend, Bonnie, in high school) how you put your pinkie and ring finger on the 1st and 2nd strings while making that A chord to change it up--just like the real tune.

It's official, I have 28 of your songs on my iPod now. I can do my whole 90 minute walking workout to Eric ukulele tunes--is that weird or what?

Last edited:
Eric, you are amazing, man. I just saw the 1963 vid with Cave, no clue how I missed it before, and it is soooo good.

Hey, man, you know how to rock the 80's, that's for certain. I like in Suddenly Last Summer (which will always remind me of going to Hampton Beach, NH with my girlfriend, Bonnie, in high school) how you put your ring finger on the 1st string while making that A chord to change it up--just like the real tune.

It's official, I have 28 of your songs on my iPod now. I can do my whole 90 minute walking workout to Eric ukulele tunes--is that weird or what?

No, coolkayaker1 -- totally not weird at all! Earlier tonight, when I was doing my evening farm chores, I had my iPhone playing Eric's YT videos/tunes! (Also in the car today while running errands!) Now, please tell me, do you know how I can download his tunes onto my iPhone?

Thanks Chelle! I had about 20 minutes free time before I had to leave for work to crank this out. The quick and dirty version. Thanks for inspiring me to learn this song, I've been wanting to for ages. And that Martha Davis...what a voice! Amazingly, it still sounds exactly the same these days.

You are so talented, Eric -- wow!!! -- only 20 minutes to learn it and record the video? I wish I had your talent/gift for music like that! I am embarrassed to admit the number of takes I do to record my vids! I keep meaning to make a blooper-roll of the different video/songs I've done, errr, *attempted* I mean. :) Thank you so much, again, for doing Suddenly Last Summer -- just so flippin' awesome!!! :)

No, coolkayaker1 -- totally not weird at all! Earlier tonight, when I was doing my evening farm chores, I had my iPhone playing Eric's YT videos/tunes! (Also in the car today while running errands!) Now, please tell me, do you know how I can download his tunes onto my iPhone?

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

http://www.vidtomp3.com/

h, tons more free if you search youtube mp3 converter, just put in link, it does its magic...then download via the tab, play the download and it'll play in your itunes, and change the artist and title to whatever u'd like

Near Berkeley Dave. Imagine making it during heavy commute hours on a packed BART train? :)

Hey, man, you know how to rock the 80's, that's for certain. I like in Suddenly Last Summer (which will always remind me of going to Hampton Beach, NH with my girlfriend, Bonnie, in high school) how you put your pinkie and ring finger on the 1st and 2nd strings while making that A chord to change it up--just like the real tune.

Nah...What's weird is that I actually have 90 minutes of music to listen to. If you came up to me out of the blue and asked me to play you some tunes I'd probably draw a blank. I barely remember that last one I recorded...

You are so talented, Eric -- wow!!! -- only 20 minutes to learn it and record the video? I wish I had your talent/gift for music like that! I am embarrassed to admit the number of takes I do to record my vids! I keep meaning to make a blooper-roll of the different video/songs I've done, errr, *attempted* I mean. :) Thank you so much, again, for doing Suddenly Last Summer -- just so flippin' awesome!!! :)

Oh you're welcome! I did three takes and messed up on all of them...this one just had the least amount of screw ups.:D In fact all the videos I put up have mistakes in them. Mostly because I never have enough time to practice and I make them rather quickly. I just aim for "ball park." If it's close enough then it works for me!

Top Bottom