New Uke Club for Clacton/Colchester UK

ArtfulDodger

Reaction score
When I lived in North London I had some lovely times with a local ukulele club there, and since moving to Essex I've wanted to find something similar locally. I've tried noticeboards in local shops to find uke players to meet up with (no luck) and even started a Facebook page for the new "Clacton Ukulele Club"... but so far the membership remains 1... me :( . Embarrassing eh?

So now I'm trying here... desperate for players of any level interested in meeting up and maybe forming a club or just playing together, swapping tips and songs etc?

The Facebook page is Clacton Ukulele Club

Contact me there (or just visit and like - it may help get the page noticed) or contact me here. But this is my message in a bottle cast out into the world wide sea that is the internet... someone please hear my plea!!:anyone:

put some posters up locally and get a piece in your local paper,we did, we started a new uke club in december we now already have over 30 plus members

put some posters up locally and get a piece in your local paper,we did, we started a new uke club in december we now already have over 30 plus members

I've tried ads on local notice boards and posters in shops - so far I've had three replies... one person wanted to sell some old uke sheet music, two 11 year olds enjoying learning at school and a lovely 95 year old lady who wanted me to entertain at her day centre (I'd be happy to but would like a club to accompany me). Being new to the area I'd kind of hoped for some new friends to perhaps enjoy the social side as well as the fun of making music too. Ukes and music are even more fun if accompanied by the occasional pint :cheers:

Hiya,

I'm in Colchester, play ukulele and had the same problem about 3 years ago. I eventually got involved with a group from a village in South Essex but it wasn't really my thing, material-wise so I left. I know of a ukulele group that runs on a Friday morning at Copford Village Hall (out near Marks Tey) if that's any help.

There is a Chelmsford band that I know called D'Ukes. Check out their website - they are also on Facebook. They run a Uke Festival a few times a year in Chelmsford and Hornchurch. Lots of different uke acts turn up and play (I've done it a few times in the past). You may find some help there.

I have ended up playing alone and doing a 'comedy ukulele act' - check out my stuff on youtube. (Type 'Jules Everest ukulele' into the search bar). One of my youtube clips was played to 18 million listeners on the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show by Christian O'Connell !!!

I have lessons with a uke teacher in Tiptree and am currently studying Grade 5 ukulele.

Hi.... I am in Layer de la haye south of Colchester and am looking to join a group, im in my late 40's but like all sorts of music from formby to rock, pop and some mild punk, ive been teaching my self for 5-6 months and feel im getting the hang of it but now need a bit of guidence with some lessons and group sessions to help me progress a bit quicker now, im hooked, any advice ?

We've finally got it together and had our first meetup attended by 7 people (mixture of abilities and ages). Dino - you're more than welcome to come along and join us. We have members in Colchester and surrounding areas. Next meeting is planned for Monday 3rd June @7pm - Magic Music shop in Clacton High Street is the venue.

Top Bottom