Original - Cardiac Diet

OldePhart

Reaction score
I wrote this over ten years ago, just recorded it for rem50's funny song challenge in the contest forum.

A silly little song but fun.

My Mainland matte mango soprano with Ko'Olau Mahana concert strings tuned up to D.

JOhn

Haha, I love the "Not Even a Little" around 1.20. It's a good un'. Kind of seems like it could breakdown into "House of the Rising Sun" at some point. I'm in a uke writing phase of mixing different songs together so that's probably why it popped into my head.
I like writing songs with a humourous or satirical edge. I wrote a song about how I hate clothes shopping in cheap clothes stores. I'll put it up, there's a bit of bad language in it though.

Nice work. Will look out for your other vid posts.

Oldephart, I feel your pain! Great tune. I wrote one along the same lines a couple of years back, called "The Silent Killer" after I discovered my Blood Pressure to be sky high and best friend had just had a major stroke. You write about what you know, huh?

@Toom86 - thanks for the compliments. You've got some pretty clever lyrics in there yourself. "Sharpening my coat hangar for the battle with the cattle" - love it!

@Wooville - thanks! Re. "You write about what you know, huh?" - nah, 'cause I've written about money and all I know about that is it's gone before I see it. LOL

John

...Kind of seems like it could breakdown into "House of the Rising Sun" at some point.

It's not really quite the same chord sequence but both are in Am and kind of "land" on the V chord (E7) as the emphatic point.

Speaking of HOTR... :)

That's what it is. Liked the "House" cover, well sung, and the projector effect behind.

great song John, the minor chords in the progression are perfect. Here's to MANY more years of songwriting and stronger health for you brother.

Now, I guess its about time I wrote the Diabetics Lament...he he

:deadhorse:

great song John, the minor chords in the progression are perfect. Here's to MANY more years of songwriting and stronger health for you brother.

Now, I guess its about time I wrote the Diabetics Lament...he he

:deadhorse:

Heh, heh. There you go, and it reminds me of a kind of funny story re. doctor's visits.

Diabetes and heart disease tend to go hand in hand so my cardiologist monitors my glucose levels and whatnot, as well as cholesterol and all the other folderol. Anyway, a few years ago I was in for my semi-annual checkup and back then they did all of the blood work in house - you got the results immediately and they gave you a little printout of your results.

So, the PA that works with my cardiologist comes in and starts talking about diabetes. She talks for several minutes about how sometimes it can be controlled mostly with diet and oral medication, other times with injections, etc, etc, etc. Finally I got to a point where I could get a word in edge wise and I asked her, "what am I overlooking in these blood test results? My glucose, triglycerides, and cholesterol all look great."

"You're on Zocor, aren't you?" she asked.

"Yes...but that's for cholesterol."

"Is it really?" Whereupon she dips into her smock and comes up with a little reference book and finally says, "Gee, you're right!"

"That's why they call it practicing medicine," I said. (Yeah, I'm a smart-aleck even to my docs, ain't nobody escapes my wit, or lack thereof.)

She turned a lovely shade of red. LOL

The thing that amazed me though was that she was not new. I'd seen her for at least two years and Zocor is probably one of the ten most-often prescribed medications at that heart clinic...

John

Yes, I'll be there. I really missed last year, but I got a great offer to help with music at the L'Arche International general assembly. L'Arche provides support to people of all ages with mental disabilities. My pal Curt (who's in a lot of my videos) and I had a blast.

The SE Ukers are bringing a crowd.

Yes, I'll be there. I really missed last year, but I got a great offer to help with music at the L'Arche International general assembly. L'Arche provides support to people of all ages with mental disabilities. My pal Curt (who's in a lot of my videos) and I had a blast.

The SE Ukers are bringing a crowd.

Woo-hoo - looking forward to seeing you there.

Top Bottom