Looking for a extra nice Baritone

OklahomaBill

Reaction score
Looking for a extra nice baritone ukulele. I can pay cash, or might be willing to work a fair trade for cash with nice Simon and Patrick satin series Dread, a '76 walnut McSpadden or a '74 Folkroots mountain dulcimer, I also have a nice Baby Taylor and a Fender '60s Classic vibe.

What do you have?

Bill

OKbill, Im in OKC and there is a martin baritone on craigs list for 1200 or trade for guitars. Hes had it listed for quite a while. Dismount

I just bought a 2008 David Webber Bari. Man, It's about the best instrument I've ever played. In some aspects, I put it above my vintage Marting bari. His prices are unbelievable. a grand for a hog and Englemann Spruce. Around 1250 for a koa/e. spruce. He's made only a few as he is priamri;y a guitar luthier. The simple elegance and craftsmanship is outstanding.

If you are truly looking for that special instrument that will not be found anywhere else, I seriously recommend David Webber. I'm considering selling my vintage Martin bari and picking up one of his hg baris, they're that good. Contact him or give him a call, he'll be the one who answers as he is a one man shop.If you do, please give him my regards. http://www.webberguitars.com

Maybe you could be more specific about what you mean by "extra nice"? One person's extra nice (perhaps a Kamaka baritone) might be another person's stepping stone to a custom baritone, like this $3,975 Litchy baritone in the Flea market Music marketplace. If you could supply parameters like price range and custom vs. production, that might help focus responses.

I have seen that CL listing

OKbill, Im in OKC and there is a martin baritone on craigs list for 1200 or trade for guitars. Hes had it listed for quite a while. Dismount

He hasn't wavered on his price even though it has been listed for a while.I will give him a call.

There's nothing nicer than a good vintage Martin bari. neck and sound. If it's in pristine condition, that's not too out of line anymore. Most aren't pristine. I payed 900. for one in great condition. Another uker here spent 1500 I think on his immaculate Martin. The Webber I mentioned earlier, has a neck closest to the Martin. It's sound and sustain is clearer. Course Martins have that vintage, smokey sound

Sounds like you know what you want in an instrument. For me, after playing top quality instruments for so many years, I knew going with a cheaper, fat necked uke was not going to cut it.

Last edited:
Buying vintage instruments on line can be problematic if you don't have return privileges. Be careful.

Doug

Top Bottom