PDA

View Full Version : New uke nite!

KamakOzzie
03-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Well, my UAS has been in remission since Christmas. I went to a jam tonight with 13 guitars, three banjos a mandolin a uke and a bass (me). Another lady came over to the uke player and showed her a uke. I told her I would like to look at it before she left and she told me it was for sale. Long story short, it came home with me.

A Favilla baritone in excellent condition from her parent's estate. The only issue is the tuners need a little TLC. There were some tuner parts in the case, too.

Before I get a "pics, or it didn't happen" reply, they will be coming tomorrow in the daylight.
Had to post tonight, now back to strummin'......:drool::cool::)

Dan Uke
03-29-2013, 06:03 PM
sweet...I bet you're glad you went to the jam!

KamakOzzie
03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
sweet...I bet you're glad you went to the jam!

Sessur! The first time I went to that one.

Bill

mds725
03-29-2013, 06:38 PM
I played a Favilla baritone at Gryphon Stringed Instruments a while ago and then kicked myself after it got sold to someone else. Congratulations on your new to you ukulele!

Cornfield
03-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Congrats. Looking forward to pics.

mm stan
03-30-2013, 02:00 AM
ConGrats on the favilla score...I am sure you are going to more jams...he he Happy Strummings

DewGuitars
03-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Yes, pictures please.

kvehe
03-30-2013, 02:26 AM
A Favilla baritone! Excellent!

Doc_J
03-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Well, my UAS has been in remission since Christmas. I went to a jam tonight with 13 guitars, three banjos a mandolin a uke and a bass (me). Another lady came over to the uke player and showed her a uke. I told her I would like to look at it before she left and she told me it was for sale. Long story short, it came home with me.

A Favilla baritone in excellent condition from her parent's estate. The only issue is the tuners need a little TLC. There were some tuner parts in the case, too.

Before I get a "pics, or it didn't happen" reply, they will be coming tomorrow in the daylight.
Had to post tonight, now back to strummin'......:drool::cool::)

You did well holding off since Christmas. It's impossible to pass up a great opportunity like a nice Favilla.

Waiting for your pictures. :)

KamakOzzie
03-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Nice and sunny this morning. a great time to take pictures.

KamakOzzie
03-30-2013, 05:41 AM

Those tuners must have been purchased a long time ago at that price!

All the position markers on the neck are gone. (side dots O.K.)
Anyone know what they were made of? Did they disintegrate over time? Not too big of a problem to replace, but I would like to keep it authentic.

I don't know what strings are on it, but it sounds great. The plain ones are black.

Bill

Doc_J
03-30-2013, 05:59 AM

Those tuners must have been purchased a long time ago at that price!

All the position markers on the neck are gone. (side dots O.K.)
Anyone know what they were made of? Did they disintegrate over time? Not too big of a problem to replace, but I would like to keep it authentic.

I don't know what strings are on it, but it sounds great. The plain ones are black.

Bill

Nice! You had no choice but to buy it.

Dots should be easily replaced. Are you going to make it look original or upgrade the dots?

KamakOzzie
03-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Dots should be easily replaced. Are you going to make it look original or upgrade the dots?

I'd like to keep it as original as possible given the good overall condition. My Favilla soprano's dots look to be plastic. I saw somewhere recently a plastic rod that can be cut off in short pieces to make dots. I'll have to do some research on them.

Bill