New uke nite!

KamakOzzie

Reaction score
Well, my UAS has been in remission since Christmas. I went to a jam tonight with 13 guitars, three banjos a mandolin a uke and a bass (me). Another lady came over to the uke player and showed her a uke. I told her I would like to look at it before she left and she told me it was for sale. Long story short, it came home with me.

A Favilla baritone in excellent condition from her parent's estate. The only issue is the tuners need a little TLC. There were some tuner parts in the case, too.

Before I get a "pics, or it didn't happen" reply, they will be coming tomorrow in the daylight.
Had to post tonight, now back to strummin'......:drool::cool::)

I played a Favilla baritone at Gryphon Stringed Instruments a while ago and then kicked myself after it got sold to someone else. Congratulations on your new to you ukulele!

ConGrats on the favilla score...I am sure you are going to more jams...he he Happy Strummings

Well, my UAS has been in remission since Christmas. I went to a jam tonight with 13 guitars, three banjos a mandolin a uke and a bass (me). Another lady came over to the uke player and showed her a uke. I told her I would like to look at it before she left and she told me it was for sale. Long story short, it came home with me.

A Favilla baritone in excellent condition from her parent's estate. The only issue is the tuners need a little TLC. There were some tuner parts in the case, too.

Before I get a "pics, or it didn't happen" reply, they will be coming tomorrow in the daylight.
Had to post tonight, now back to strummin'......:drool::cool::)

You did well holding off since Christmas. It's impossible to pass up a great opportunity like a nice Favilla.

Waiting for your pictures. :)

Two more

tuner parts.jpgdots.jpg

Those tuners must have been purchased a long time ago at that price!

All the position markers on the neck are gone. (side dots O.K.)
Anyone know what they were made of? Did they disintegrate over time? Not too big of a problem to replace, but I would like to keep it authentic.

I don't know what strings are on it, but it sounds great. The plain ones are black.

Bill

View attachment 51169View attachment 51170

Those tuners must have been purchased a long time ago at that price!

All the position markers on the neck are gone. (side dots O.K.)
Anyone know what they were made of? Did they disintegrate over time? Not too big of a problem to replace, but I would like to keep it authentic.

I don't know what strings are on it, but it sounds great. The plain ones are black.

Bill

Nice! You had no choice but to buy it.

Dots should be easily replaced. Are you going to make it look original or upgrade the dots?

Dots should be easily replaced. Are you going to make it look original or upgrade the dots?

I'd like to keep it as original as possible given the good overall condition. My Favilla soprano's dots look to be plastic. I saw somewhere recently a plastic rod that can be cut off in short pieces to make dots. I'll have to do some research on them.

Bill

Top Bottom