NUD: I bought a blem, and I love it.

wadleysf

Reaction score
I know it's only a week after my first NUD post about my Kanile'a K-1 tenor, but now it has a brother! Something I won't worry about taking around with me, and might spend some time at the office for a few spare minutes strumming (what spare minutes?).

It's a Islander Spruce/Rosewood laminate tenor (RWSTP) from HMS. It was being sold as a slight blem, at half-price. Couldn't resist. I've taken some macro close-up shots to show the blems, but honestly in real light, and looking at it normally it looks great, you wouldn't really notice. And now I don't have to worry about putting that first ding on it!

And the HMS setup is fantastic. Plays beautifully, really great job preparing the uke - thanks guys!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, that's a looker! I really like the purfling and binding on it, and the spruce is pretty too. I bet it's got a bright voice. The blemish looks like nothing I wouldn't have done myself. Nice find! Congratulations!

I keep hearing about how great HMS is. I'll need to scope them out next time I'm shopping. Congratulations on your new uke.

Aloha Adrian,
Congrats....seems like the Jumping Flea has bitten you...what a score...it's a real stunner and at great price...smart move HMS Happy strummings..

I bought my Clearwater tenor as a 'B-Stock' at half-price and the 'blems' on it were only found on really close scrutiny! I've made more marks on it myself just after a couple of weeks playing it!

Yours look great! Congrats! :D

Sweet uke and awesome close up picture :).

Congratulations! It's quite pretty...you must have gotten a good deal, I'd buy it anyday!

Nothin' wrong with this uke-very nice! Congrats!

Nice. I loves blemses! :)

I love the Islander look of faux tortoiseshell on spruce, I nearly bought one myself. Enjoy!

Top Bottom