Hello From London!

xzcuzxme

Reaction score
Hello from London.

I’ve just signed up to the forum. I’ve been playing guitar for many years and never thought of playing the ukulele…until my girlfriend got me a soprano Makala for Xmas. Taking it out the box I wasn’t all that excited but after a few strums I immediately became addicted and think I have played it pretty much every day since.

I’m currently looking into getting an upgrade next month (maybe a KoAloha concert) and have been non-stop looking through all the sites to learn new stuff to play and find out more about the instrument. I’m currently learning Guava Jam which is incredibly fun to play!

With all the racket I think my girlfriends being to regret ever introducing me to the ‘ukulele! She just told me she’s got us tickets to the ukulele fest of GB though so hopefully all the racket is beginning to enthuse her.

A Londoner myself (now exiled to the East Anglian coast) - I've only been with the UU forum for a few days too but its a great resource, seems very friendly and theres some good funny stuff too. I'm enjoying it and I'm sure you will too :cheers:

Aloha xzcuzme,
Welcome to the UU forums...have fun and enjoy...lots of friendly and nice members here offering great advice...have fun and enjoy...Happy Strummings
lots of guitar converts here and yes get your KoAloha ...it's is a great uke...

Thx for all the kind words!

I've got a fair few questions I would like to ask more experienced players at some point. I play left handed and I'm currently trying to work out whether its better to get a custom made lefty or just switch. Yes the KoAlohas look lovely and I can't wait to get my upgrade...shame their website seems to have been down for ages!

I have been waiting for Koaloha's website to re-appear too...they had a count down timer that expired over a week ago, not sure what is up with that. I think you will love the Koaloha uke's, I play my pineapple daily and it fast became my favorite. Welcome aboard!

Hi from Bedford,

There's plenty of stuff going on in London, ukewise, but if you're ever up this way then the Bedford Ukulele Group meets on a Wednesday evening.

Happy strumming.

Ben

Thx for all the kind words!

I've got a fair few questions I would like to ask more experienced players at some point. I play left handed and I'm currently trying to work out whether its better to get a custom made lefty or just switch. Yes the KoAlohas look lovely and I can't wait to get my upgrade...shame their website seems to have been down for ages!

I'm a soft lefty..I was born left handed but I was switched to right...do what is more comfortable and natural for you..but some say to try and learn right handed, not sure if it's right though...

I'm a soft lefty..I was born left handed but I was switched to right...do what is more comfortable and natural for you..but some say to try and learn right handed, not sure if it's right though...

Yeah thx. I did the reverse of what you did - with guitar. My first guitar was a cheapo right handed electric then after five years I switched. It was annoying to relearn but it just felt more natural - I was still doing air guitar left handed after five years playing right handed and was developing slowly!

I'm very left sided...left footed and even prefer turning to the left so I don't think it was worth refuting in my case.

I read this slightly scary article while I was looking into the disadvantages of flipping a Ukulele to lefty but don't really agree with it:

http://www.ukeschool.com/ukulele/left_handed_ukulele.html

Comparing playing left handed to driving a car or typing on a keyboard or phone is a bit of a weak comparison in my opinion as most people do those things as a means to an end. Rally drivers may well have a perference for where they sit in the car!

Top Bottom