New Uke Day!

Craig Chee

Reaction score
i-TrtGqKM-L.jpgi-JFHStwP-L.jpgi-FndhXxT-L.jpgi-V6m3L4B-L.jpg

Joining my Mya-Moe Myrtle is a CC-Tenor by Michael DaSilva [spelled correctly this time]!

The scratch plate is removable (and used for my golpe not for protection). I had a blast collaborating Mike as he was determined to build something that he thought really reflected my style of playing. Fretboard colors do reflect my Oregon Ducks as I feel that I've grown as a musician here in Oregon just as much as I had growing up in Hawai'i. More details will be available from Mike himself at Ukemaker.com or check out his FB at https://www.facebook.com/DaSilvaUkuleleCo?fref=ts

Sarah Maisel was here visiting to do some promo work for some events we are doing together later in the year... we took a little break and this is what it looks like having 2 uke players with very little sleep at 7 in the morning trying to play... she pulls it off way more than I do! I'll have some videos really showcasing it soon (I already had to send it back after all the promotional material was done to get the fishman pickup I usually installed, but will have it back soon!).

Don't forget to switch to 720p for best audio and video quality!

Last edited:
Very nice.

Again. I feel very honored to have been witness to the peer pressure, uke bullying, and manic laughter that lead to the birth of your new DaSilva. It looks and sounds great!!

Wow that is a beautiful Ukulele..congrats!
how do you like the sound/tone? the build quality looks super nice!

Congrats! Glad to see it arrived safely. Enjoy!

Beautiful new uke! Congratulations Craig!

Craig, congrats on the DaSilva. It's beautiful and sounds lovely.

Thank you all for your comments!

The body is based on Mike's James Hill model and is indeed spruce / koa (couldn't beat that winning combination).
The sustain and dynamic range is fantastic... I'll be sure to do some sample videos once I get it back in my hands :)

And yes... I was hoping the ducks won yesterday too :(

Aloha Bruddah,
Congrats on your beautiful uke and great playing to both of you...................

congratulations Craig, what a stunning instrument and a simply beautiful and high class performance from you guys.

Really enjoyed the video. Great playing and smiling faces. That's what it's all about!!

Beautiful uke from DaSilva - congrats and enjoy!

-Steve

A true one-of-a-kind custom work of art. Congrats.

The girl. Oh, and your ukulele is nice too.

Top Bottom