Season 59 - Where has the TIME gone?

GinnyT11

Reaction score
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish
something stand in the way of your doing it.
The time will pass anyway; we might just as well
put that passing time to the best possible use."
So let's get to uking...

Season 59 will loft us musically into a new time continuum. This week's challenge is to submit a song with TIME in the TITLE, in one of these ways:

1. The word "time" as meaning the progression of time
>No Go: time meaning an event (e.g., This Will Be the Last Time, Three Times a Lady)

2. Words referring to progress of existence—minute, hour, day, etc., + today, tomorrow, yesterday
>No Go: these words not referring to time (e.g., Daydream Believer)

3. Clock time reference (e.g., Five o'clock World, 8:16 A.M.)

4. Time as part of the day (e.g., Tequila Sunrise; Angel of the Morning; Afternoon Delight; Hurry, Sundown; Midnight at the Oasis)

Note: If someone posts the song you're working on, please enter it anyway! Each rendition is worthwhile and is welcome.

GUIDELINES
—Entry must be a new video in which you say somewhere that it's for the 59th Season.
—Ukulele is primary instrument; additional instruments are okay.
—Multi-tracking, special effects, back-up dancers, explosions—all are okay!
—No posting before Sunday, March 31, U.S. time.
—Ends April 7 at midnight Hawaii time.

BONUS ENTRIES
Bonuses are welcome, but only a couple per person, please, not a boatload! I'll try to comment on them all.

"JUDGING"
I will copy DougF's system and choose one subjective favorite, then pull two names from a hat.

PRIZES
The three "winners" will each get a 12" x 16" paper copy of this poster.
poster.jpg

NOTE TO WANNA-JOINS...
Don't be intimidated because some Seasonistas play really well and you may not yet.
If you ask any of them, you'll probably hear that learning songs for these challenges has seriously boosted their performances. Leave your qualms at the door and play a song for us! There's no down side.

~Your friend, Ginny

ENTRIES

BONUSES

Last edited:
So cool stuff Ginny here ! Awesome idea.
the Ukelites ---> Delightful, I soooo loved it, a terrific rendition of a great song !!! Thanks !

Great pabrizzer... Lots of emotions... I really enjoyed it.

Time After Time...

Shhhh...speaking of time, it's 2:30 in the morning. Everyone is asleep, so I had to do this one really quietly...

Last edited:
So it is 2:30 in the morning, and I have some 35 songs I want to play this week...
If a title has the word "Again". and that again references time in as much as it refers to doing something repeatedly...does it work?
If not, I have others. Lots of others.
Great theme for sure!

Saw Billy Bragg tonight, after being a fan for 25 years...first time seeing him live- I will be up all night I am sure ;) Sweet baby jesus what an awesome video you made us night owls. Fantastic stuff right there (and a song I did not even think of)!
Dave, what are you doing up? :)

I have a couple of lovely folk songs which fit the the theme beautifully. I thought of some others which, while the title does not explicitly mention time are about time and the passage of time so I might use one as a bonus.

—Multi-tracking, special effects, back-up dancers, explosions—all are okay!

Time to break out the pyrotechnics!

Meanwhile, here is one I did earlier.

I tried posting from my iPad, but for some reason, it did not display in the post - just showed the link - so I had to go upstairs and post from my PC. I have quite a bit of trouble with You Tube on the iPad.

Linux :rulez: :nana:

I came across this song and couldn't resist it as it brought back memories of my dear gran who used to sing it at family parties. My rendition isn't great but this entry is more about the memories it evokes in me.

If a title has the word "Again". and that again references time in as much as it refers to doing something repeatedly...does it work? If not, I have others. Lots of others.
Great theme for sure!

Dave, I'm going to say no to "Again" in the title as the theme entry. Let's go with your 45 other options and save that one for Persistence week. :)

I have a couple of lovely folk songs which fit the the theme beautifully. I thought of some others which, while the title does not explicitly mention time are about time and the passage of time so I might use one as a bonus.

Geoff, I'd still like Time to be in the title, even as a bonus song.

Bugger - so no 'Time of you Life' then? Hopefully I can find something simple to ruin - errr - I mean record...... :D

That was my prom theme song! Please don't do it cuz I didn't like it back then either :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom