Nud

Beautiful koa on that UT-2K!!!

I have a UT-2 in all figured mahogany and a UT-2 custom with a beautiful select spruce top, mahogany back qnd sides and all ebony appointments, that I recently purchased here on UU.

How would you compare the tone of the koa to the tone of the mahogany?

Beautiful uke congratulations!

Nice score, Mark. Know how much you like those Collings so this is a good thread to see. Congrats and man that thing is sweet!

The first thing I noticed is the Koa is brighter then the Mahogany but I like the tones of both. The Koa seems to have a richer tone also.
Beautiful koa on that UT-2K!!!

I have a UT-2 in all figured mahogany and a UT-2 custom with a beautiful select spruce top, mahogany back qnd sides and all ebony appointments, that I recently purchased here on UU.

How would you compare the tone of the koa to the tone of the mahogany?

Beautiful uke congratulations!

I wouldn't call any Collings average. If someone does then they don't know what their talking about.

I wouldn't call any Collings average. If someone does then they don't know what their talking about.

Hi Mark,

Daniel has a Moore Bettah from Chuck Moore that's spectacular. I'm just teasing him because he never even saw my Collings. Once you have the Holy Grail uke, everything else is average to you so I clearly see Daniel's point of view.

Thanks for posting better pictures of your new UT2-K. You gave it a very nice place of honor between your two Mahogany Collings.

Best regards,

Don

Hi Daniel,

This was my Collings that you called "average"! Ha ha. Its in good hands with Mark now.

Mahalo,

Don

Hehehe...Don is right, after getting my MBU and LFDM, the Collings couldn't compete in my OPINION...Don, you must have listened since you are getting a LFDM and you would LOVE to get on Chuck's list.

Don also got a CR and I have never played one and will hold judgement since I don't want to say I "heard" it was good but that is the one of two brands I would really love to try, the other being a Devine.

Last edited:
I was just kidding also but I do consider Collings the holy grail Of ukes and of course that's my opinion only. By the way thank you for such a nice one.
Hi Mark,

Daniel has a Moore Bettah from Chuck Moore that's spectacular. I'm just teasing him because he never even saw my Collings. Once you have the Holy Grail uke, everything else is average to you so I clearly see Daniel's point of view.

Thanks for posting better pictures of your new UT2-K. You gave it a very nice place of honor between your two Mahogany Collings.

Best regards,

Don

I was just kidding also but I do consider Collings the holy grail Of ukes and of course that's my opinion only. By the way thank you for such a nice one.

Mark, you know I am in the minority since Collings can't make enough and they don't last long in the used marketplace.

Congrats, Mark! Play it often and Happy Strummings!

oh it's a beauty Mark. What a superb looking trio they are. Congrats mate.

:cheers:

Top Bottom