How do you get on "THE LIST"?

GASguy

Reaction score
OK, about 3 years ago I just missed out on a Chuck Moore all koa, including the neck, tenor that was at the Music Emporium.

I was one of the 17 people that emailed Acoustic Music Works to try and reserve the used Chuck Moore tenor with geko inlay they recently sold.

Every time I look at his web site I see his wait list is full and he is not accepting orders.

For those of you who have a Chuck Moore or those who are on "THE LIST" how did you do it?

We have compromising photographs of Chuck with a hula girl and several gallons of Poi. Whenever someone wants to get on "the list", they pay $ 100 and we send them copies of the photographs.

OK, about 3 years ago I just missed out on a Chuck Moore all koa, including the neck, tenor that was at the Music Emporium.

I was one of the 17 people that emailed Acoustic Music Works to try and reserve the used Chuck Moore tenor with geko inlay they recently sold.

Every time I look at his web site I see his wait list is full and he is not accepting orders.

For those of you who have a Chuck Moore or those who are on "THE LIST" how did you do it?

When you figure that out, let us know. Many of us have been trying for quite some time.

I tried to offer him my favorite food in Hawaii...ZIPPYS!! It didn't work as he's a healthy eater....Chuck, I know you will eventually read this but there's a Zippys opening up on the Big Island! HAHAHA

Last edited:
send Chuck an email and he will put you on his waiting to get on his wait list,list..good luck

We have compromising photographs of Chuck with a hula girl and several gallons of Poi. Whenever someone wants to get on "the list", they pay $ 100 and we send them copies of the photographs.

Where do I send my $100?

When you figure that out, let us know. Many of us have been trying for quite some time.

Ditto, I have wanted a Chuck Moore tenor for years and have never been able to get one. As you say the list is full, and they are never for sale.

The Impossible Dream

This is my quest
To get on Chuck's list
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will be peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach, the unreachable Chuck!

I sing this every night. That's how I'm getting on the list.

Mahalo,

Don

The Impossible Dream

This is my quest
To get on Chuck's list
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will be peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach, the unreachable Chuck!

I sing this every night. That's how I'm getting on the list.

Mahalo,

Don
LOLZ!!!! Most excellent mate!!!!

Ring him up and sing it down the line...swooning your way onto the list sounds as good a way as any Don. :cool:

You might try offering him say... a half a million dollars! He deserves it.

(Ok Chuck, I'll take 5% of that)!

If Chuck cared about money he could charge $10K+ per ukulele and there would still be a line. I mean a list.

Last edited:
I have 12 years before I plan to retire. And Hawaii is on the 'bucket list' for a holiday destination. I wonder if I should contact Chuck now to get myself on his waiting list?

Are you saying that I just sent The Big Kahuna $100 for nothing?

Let's start a UU list to get on the list to get on "THE LIST".

List to get on the list to get on THE LIST

GASGuy (since he asked first today)
NewKid (the singer)
The Big Kahuna (I don't see one on his list)
Tigeralum 2001 (even though he just got one!)
ChaosToo
Nongdam (who also just got a brand new one)
hawaii50 (Len don't you have one?)
wickedwahine11
eugene ukulele
mm stan (stan don't you have like 10 Moore Bettah's?)

Okay guys, we're all one step closer now!

Happy Easter,

Don

Last edited:
Yes that was a waste but if you send me $200, I'll get you on a list :rolleyes:

Which list? The list to get on THE LIST? or the one to get on the list to get on "THE LIST"? $200 sounds a little steep, but okay. Please get me on the list to get on "THE LIST" and bypass the list before that one.

Mahalo,

Don

Hey Don thanks for the wishful thinking..
but I am still on the waiting list to get on the wait list too..keeping my fingers and toes crossed..

maybe Stan will make a trade with me.. hehe

I think the list is just for the preliminary interview.

That's right Mark...once you get to the preliminary interview, Chuck asks you one of those beauty pageant questions, "If you get a MBU, how can you make a world a better place" Miss South Carolina made it to the interview phase but failed to answer correctly so Chuck said NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Top Bottom