More time for ukulele - Retired now!

Leigh Coates

Reaction score
After 34 years of working at various jobs and professions, I retired on Thursday at 17:00 central standard time!!! I guess it won't feel like anything unusual until tomorrow morning when my husband gets up and leaves for his job and I stay here at home. It's pretty special that I picked April Fools day retire, I think.

So now I'm free to pursue my ukulele goals. I've got many, many things I want to learn and try and do. Can't wait to get at it. :music:

well done enjoy and reach your goals, work gets in the way of stuff me and the missus want to do

Congratulations, PF.

I retire in May.

I'm working 60+ hours a week for a non-profit but I "feel" retired compared to my 25-years in corporate America. 2-4 hours of ukulele each day is my secret.

Congrats PF and enjoy!

Thanks everybody! The whole thing is a little over-whelming, but in a good way. Spring is a good time for a new start.

with the ukes in your signature line, you can rotate them through every week! Enjoy your well earned retirement!

Congratulations from a fellow retiree. Try and keep track of how many people ask "but what do you do all day?" LOL

After 34 years of working at various jobs and professions, I retired on Thursday at 17:00 central standard time!!! I guess it won't feel like anything unusual until tomorrow morning when my husband gets up and leaves for his job and I stay here at home. It's pretty special that I picked April Fools day retire, I think.

So now I'm free to pursue my ukulele goals. I've got many, many things I want to learn and try and do. Can't wait to get at it. :music:

I've also joined the impoverished leisure class for the most part. Gotta love getting up in the morning and not having to go somewhere. Especially when there's so much ukeing to be done!

Congrats!

The one thing I notice (I teach high school) is that after about a month or so, my recently retired colleagues look about ten years younger.

I hope you find retirement as restful and fulfilling as they do.

And, on the off chance that you decide to buy a boat and sail south forever: TAKE ME WITH YOU!

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing your videos! :)

Wow, you have that right. Very common question. I've vowed never to say it to anyone again.

I think most people are just curious, but some seem afraid of their own retirement. Nothing to be afraid of here!

Congratulations from a fellow retiree. Try and keep track of how many people ask "but what do you do all day?" LOL

Congratulations on achieving this. It's such a blessing to be able to retire into the freedom to choose what you do with your day.
How awesome.

I'm very close to the 30 year mark in my profession, and - I'm just getting started. With the size of my family and my financial responsibilities,
I will Never retire.

To retire and spend a significant amount of my time on music is a dream of mine. But it will always be just a dream - unless I hit Lotto.

Enjoy this amazing time in your life.

Congratulations on the beginning of the rest of your life. Enjoy your new found time with your ukes and whatever you may choose to do.

Congrat's I retired three years ago. I was in sales and managed three distributors. I went from 3,000 cell minutes a month to 10 minutes a month. All I can say is put it all behind you and enjoy life. Definition for retirement... 6 Saturdays and a Sunday ! LOL Play that uke !!!!

Congratulations on your retirement.......LOL that is a gas girl...Ha Ha enjoy and join the happy retirees uke club....Happy Strummings....

Last edited:
Top Bottom