Boat paddle kayak owners

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Any BP kayak owners out there? I was wondering what you thought of them and if oyu have any sound bites? thanks, rem

Hey Dean. AKuker (Randy) has a concert kayak along with a ML style tenor. He could give you some good info how they both compare.

Had 1 years ago, a solid mahogany that sounded great. The reason I think I sold it was the feel. The thick very round neck with the tenor scale didn't agree with me. It was also a bit heavy.

Check out YT, boat paddle's website and FB page for sound samples

Had 1 years ago, a solid mahogany that sounded great. The reason I think I sold it was the feel. The thick very round neck with the tenor scale didn't agree with me. It was also a bit heavy.

Check out YT, boat paddle's website and FB page for sound samples

The neck on my concert kayak is a bit thicker than those of my other ukes, but I like it. Seems to be easier to barre chords. The concert is perfectly balanced. I love it!

Great looking ukes and the price seem really reasonable. I wish there were more videos of them out there.

If someone would make a video of a concert Kayak, I would greatly appreciate it. Hint, hint, hint.

(Okay, not so much a hint than a request.)

I had heard that the necks on Boat Paddles were a little chunky and when I had a chance to play one I thought the same thing. I know that Victoria Vox had Jerry shave down the neck on her uke that Deach had made for her. When I had Jerry build my custom ML tenor I had him slim down the profile to 3/4" at the nut and I find it much more comfortable. That's the advantage of having a uke custom built.

I had heard that the necks on Boat Paddles were a little chunky and when I had a chance to play one I thought the same thing. I know that Victoria Vox had Jerry shave down the neck on her uke that Deach had made for her. When I had Jerry build my custom ML tenor I had him slim down the profile to 3/4" at the nut and I find it much more comfortable. That's the advantage of having a uke custom built.

I am not a fan of chunky neck but like you said, custom can fix that! :)

just giving this a bump to see if there are owners out there

I just received my Kayak concert 5 string cedar top cocobolo b/s with the finger nail markers MISi pu. I love the way it looks and sounds. I think the neck/fretboard feel great with great action and perfect set-up.

Top Bottom