New Compass Rose Uke Day!

GASguy

Reaction score
I recieved my new Compass Rose tenor from Gryphon!

Stanford fence redwood top with a beautiful sap stripe, bubinga back and sides with
"bees wing" figure that shimmers in the sunlight.

CRRampB1_zpsd2dc7cf2.jpg

CRRampB3_zpsffe7b7b2.jpg

CRRampB5_zps27494c78.jpg

CRRampB2_zps6299b060.jpg

Congratulations on your new uke day! Bet that Stanford redwood sounds good. That is one good looking uke.

Congrats on your new Compass rose.. Wow you were not lying..you sure do have UAS>> me tooo :)

Congratulations! The uke is an incredible beauty, and I know that it will sound wondrous as well!!!! Every Compass Rose that I have ever heard has had a splendid full sound!!! Enjoy your lovely ukulele!

Congrats on the CR..nice!wow all the ones at Gryphon gone ..

Congratulations! I wondered where that ended up. Looking forward to a video so I can hear that former fence.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I was lucky enough to play that one at Gryphon, and it sounds as stunning as it looks. One of the main reasons I didn't buy it is that I'd just bought a walnut CR tenor. I'm glad it's gone off to a good home. Happy strumming!.

Congratulations and enjoy playing it. I think it's time to change your user name to UASguy. :)

That's a fantastic looking uke! I have to say I'm very curious how the former fence sounds. (I'm really thinking about getting a redwood-topped tenor.)

Fantastic, and thanks for joining the club!

As many of you know, we do a lot of our own wood sawing here, and I love locally sourced woods. Having that 20 HP resaw has made a lot of wood available to us that just wouldn't come our way unless we could deal with it. I've now got some quarter logs of black acacia that is too big for my saw, so it's going to be chain saw time around here. These came from a tree that was a good 36" in diameter, and each piece weighs about 200 lbs. The black acacia came to the US from Tasmania and mainland Australia in the 1880s and took very nicely to the California coastal climate. It is, of course, a close relative of koa.

Top Bottom