Very cheap ukuleles. Worth it or not?

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Last edited:
I think the fact that you put more minutes into the review than you paid for the uke in pounds, is actually a remarkable feat. The contrast between your effort to be rational and analytic in reviewing that little red devil, and the utter slap-in-your-face disregard for all that effort shown by that same ukulele makes for an epic clash of civilizations in your video.

Great video, I may get a Burswood some day soon, if only to purposely disregard your warning about its flaws ;)

I think the fact that you put more minutes into the review than you paid for the uke in pounds, is actually a remarkable feat. The contrast between your effort to be rational and analytic in reviewing that little red devil, and the utter slap-in-your-face disregard for all that effort shown by that same ukulele makes for an epic clash of civilizations in your video.

Great video, I may get a Burswood some day soon, if only to purposely disregard your warning about its flaws ;)

Excellent reply. The problem is that the instrument may sneak into the shops with a different name (and colour).

Looks like the ones I saw at Toy-R-Us. Guaranteed to turn anyone off playing the uke.

Great review as always. I subscribed to you on YT never realizing you were a member here.

Looks like the ones I saw at Toy-R-Us. Guaranteed to turn anyone off playing the uke.

Haha my parents aren't familiar with ukuleles and if I told them to get me one for Christmas they'd probably look in Toys 'R Us. Good thing I managed to save up to buy my own from MGM.. be arriving anytime soon :)

Nice to see how to review a uke whether good or bad. I'm curious if there is anything that can be done to make it better in tune.

Nice to see how to review a uke whether good or bad. I'm curious if there is anything that can be done to make it better in tune.

It's a terrible ukulele. However, I am thinking of doing a recording using it. Deach suggested that at it it would play C6 or Am7 successfully. I will see if I can find one other chord that sounds OK and try for a recording.

Top Bottom