Big three "K-brand" makers to collaborate!

ScooterD35

Reaction score
Hawaian Times:

The three major Hawaian Ukulele makers have just announced that they will collaborate on a limited edition run of very special instruments.

Kamaka, Kanilea and Koaloha have joined forces to create some of the most remarkable instruments ever conceived. Limited to just 300 units (100 each in soprano, concert and tenor sizes) these Ukuleles will be designed by a team of the top designers from each builder and built in stages at all three facilities.

The bodies will be assembled and bound at the Kanaka factory, the necks, fingerboards and bridges will be made and fitted by Kolahoa and all inlay and final finishing will be handled by Kanilea.

There is no word as yet on final design, pricing or availability.

The instruments will be sold under the under the name Kamaniloha and will likely be parceled out to dealers via a lottery system.

Mahalo indeed!

I read about these this morning. I also heard that Chuck Moore was going to inlay a small number, and these would be sold as Moore Bettahmaniloha. Apparently there is already a three-year waiting list.

And the three years of the waiting list is only counted on April firsts.

I have the prototype.

Just waiting on the new PhD's that will never, ever need tuning or replacement.

Eh! I stay on da waiting list ... fo get on da wait list ... fo get on da WAITING LIST!!!:uhoh: Go figure.

Da rest of you ... bettah jump in soon!!!

Last edited:
Meanwhile Ko'olau is changing it's name to Po'olau since it is most known for Ponos and is apparently no accepted by others as a "K" brand.

I ordered mine last time I visited all their factory tours..3 different sets of Koa for the body..

To get on the waiting list you need to prove you can strum, pick and clawhammer all at the same time. It's a new way of playing called Strupickhammer. To all the 300 lucky owners of these fantastic new builds can't wait to hear the newest Strupickhammer tunes.

well Easter has been kind and I got a uke from the great bible trilogy...one problem though...can't make a video sample for you until I learn to utilize the Computor from the other side...lol...considering I may have surgery again on my collarbone...(nice way of saying break it again and reset). May be sooner than I think

well Easter has been kind and I got a uke from the great bible trilogy...one problem though...can't make a video sample for you until I learn to utilize the Computor from the other side...lol...considering I may have surgery again on my collarbone...(nice way of saying break it again and reset). May be sooner than I think

hey Mike my good friend just had his collarbone broken too..he has a plate and screws in there now..and he getting better happened a month ago

I took him to Queens,if you need a ride I know exactly where to park and which office..my Mom goes to the exact same place for her torn rotator cuff..let me know

Btw in need 3 of the ukes above..

Actually had me for a second...then I was like...oh. It's that day.

I'd take a KoAloha concert body, Kamaka one piece tenor neck, KoAloha crown bridge, Kanilea slotted headstock, Chuck Moore inlaid fretboard, Kanilea UV finish. That'd be winning.

Thanks for the headline news flash. Great!

I somehow had a feeling that the big three Ks Kamoa, Kiwaya and Keli'i would get something going together.

Thanks for the headline news flash. Great!

I somehow had a feeling that the big three Ks Kamoa, Kiwaya and Keli'i would get something going together.
Yes and Kala, Koa Pili Koko, and Kumalae also have an entry. Then there is the Kau'wela, Keech, and Koyama contingent (or is that "kontingent"?)

Please, for the sake of all things good, will the next person to start a uke company do so without using K or maybe M as their first letter? :)

How do I get on the list? Or wait, is it a joke? I am confused.

Top Bottom