People SUCK!

deach

Reaction score
Well not all people, but a lot of them do.

I got several PMs today regarding my offering of a ukulele to a member here. The PMs reminded me that some people suck and will try to take advantage of my generous nature. I appreciate everyone's concern for me. I think you guys are right that I am too trusting and people might be trying to use me.

Here's the thing though. I believe in Karma. Karma has been very very good to me and I am just trying to return the favor. If someone is trying to hoodwink me, I'm not going to spend any energy trying to find that out. I'll let Mama Karma deal with them. She has bigger steel-toed boots than I do. She takes care of me and will take care of them.

Thanks again to the ones looking out for me. And a big F.U. to those who are trying to take advantage of me.

I know I'd like to take advantage of Deach ;)

It's widely agreed people suck. It's fair enough to want something, but trying to cheat someone who is very kindly offering gifts is really fly. I wish I was like Deach, but honestly I'm not half as warm-hearted. You keep doing your thing!

Sadly a lot of people try to take advantage of kindness. It's happened to my parents a lot over the past few years. Despite that they are still very kind which is admirable. Unfortunately it's made me a bit more the opposite. I'm very wary about helping people now which is not very good. I'm pleased to see there are more people like you willing to help others out. Keep it up and don't let the bastards get you down.

tsk tsk that's just sad, that's why alot of good people turn bad in this world. But don't let em get you your deachness.

Walking in blind here -- as usual, but I do not like to hear that deach is unhappy.

I believe in karma also. That's what keeps me going sometimes.

deach, you are a very generous man. I don't understand why but bottom line is that it really isn't any of my business. Keep trusting people. I am a cynic of utmost proportions. Trust me, you don't want to be like me. Keep doing what you want to do and f**k 'em if they don't like it. I think you're fabulous!

I don't know what's happened here specifically, but I have noticed lots of people not-so-subtly fishing to get deached. It's the nature of any generous action, sadly. I think it's probably a contributing factor toward so few people doing generous things.

It certainly would annoy the hell out of me. I wouldn't blame you if you quit doing it altogether.

To sum it up -

Thanks - to those who are looking out for my best interest.

Eat "the stuff the makes flowers grow" - to those who are trying to get free stuff under false pretenses.

There are some bad people out there, period. You'll see them at the grocery, in class, on vacation, and yes... even on the UU forum. Try not to let them get you down, Deach. Eventually they'll get theirs..... (as Ralphie in "The Christmas Story" would say ;) )

Deach, I have know inside knowledge of your specific situation but just keep doing what you do best as I know it comes from the heart. I know you are sharp enough to read between the lines and spot those fraudulent propositions. I've experienced a little of some similar types of this sort of activity myself.

And, oh yes, I've been a beliver in and recipient of the virtues of our good friend Ms. Karma for as long as I can remember.

Gimmie gimmie gimme to bad that is the mind set of some of the less noble folk in this world.

On the other side of the coin, the other day while wearing my "Deach" shirt someone asked me about it.
I explained what kind of guy he was and they ask me "Why does he do it?"
I had to say "Why does Santa?"

Keep it up Deach!!!!
If I find'em I'll sick my Dogma on'em!!!!

Having been burnt myself in the past,I've come around to this conclusion.Do what you feel is right,if people take advantage of you it doesn't diminish your selfless act.

Consider yourself a conduit of a higher power.You give others the opportunity to recieve a gift coming from love and you are given the opportunity to let that higher power shine thru you.Even if that person is scamming you,they have given you an opportunity to do a good deed.

Having been burnt myself in the past,I've come around to this conclusion.Do what you feel is right,if people take advantage of you it doesn't diminish your selfless act.

Consider yourself a conduit of a higher power.You give others the opportunity to recieve a gift coming from love and you are given the opportunity to let that higher power shine thru you.Even if that person is scamming you,they have given you an opportunity to do a good deed.

I like this one

Well, Deach, keep building those points up with Mama Karma, and one day, maybe...just maybe, she'll be REALLY REALLY nice to you. ;)

Deach - Some people are low-down brother, no doubt about it. Don't let them change your aloha spirit! They are probably living a bitter life as a result of their conniving lifestyle. The best revenge is a happy life.

Here's the thing though. I believe in Karma. Karma has been very very good to me and I am just trying to return the favor. If someone is trying to hoodwink me, I'm not going to spend any energy trying to find that out. I'll let Mama Karma deal with them. She has bigger steel-toed boots than I do. She takes care of me and will take care of them.

Thanks again to the ones looking out for me. And a big F.U. to those who are trying to take advantage of me.

You have posted some great stuff in the past, Deach, but this post is among greatest.

Top Bottom