Good webcam for youtube videos?

itsme

Reaction score
Does this cam allow you to plug in an external mic? I understand some do, so you don't have to sync a separate audio track.

it has a High quality dual mic for stereo audio
virtually all webcams these days have a built-in microphone...
simple to install too..

I went ahead and bought the Logitech C920. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I'm a tad worried about the requirements, my PC only has 1 gig of RAM. Laptop has 2, so that's another possibility and my husband's PC I'm sure has way more than that.

I went ahead and bought the Logitech C920. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I'm a tad worried about the requirements, my PC only has 1 gig of RAM. Laptop has 2, so that's another possibility and my husband's PC I'm sure has way more than that.
I had this experience - I've got a LOGITECH - needed to upgrade my PC to 2 gig of RAM. Then it was fine. That's what I use, no separate mic as yet. Good luck!

It arrived and I've just installed the software and stuff, although I haven't figured out how to use it yet by any means. :p

Interestingly, Logitech's site lists the basic requirement as a minimum of 256MB of RAM, although 2GB is recommended, and required for HD recording.

CPU Minimum = 1.0 Ghz
CPU Recommended = Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
RAM Minimum = 256
RAM Recommended = 2GB

So I'm hoping it'll do okay on my system at a lower rez. And my trusty old AMD Athlon is only single core, but it's 2.2Ghz, so well above minimum.

I did not realize QuickTime was going to be required. If I'd known that up front, it might have been a deal breaker. I remember installing QT some years ago and it wanted to take over everything it could and be the boss. Guess I'll cross that road when it comes. I just launched an MP3 and it opened with Windows Media Player, so maybe QT isn't as intrusive as it used to be.

With my Logitech webcam it gives great HD visuals but I don't like the sound with my ukes - maybe it's the small room I'm set up in. So I'd really like a Zoom H2n mic - but two things put me off - the price, and the tech savvyness I'd need to get them synched! Audio stuff is all so complicated....I downloaded audacity and it just bewilders me.... I'm pretty patient with the computer and the internet, but there's a limit to how much you can take without throwing the whole thing out of the window! So for now I'll put with doing raw videos with the webcam straight to Youtube. It isn't as if I'm a fantastic player or singer - it's just for a bit of fun when the mood and the right time take me. Good luck with it all! :)

Well, I know a lot of people swear by Blue microphones, is it possible to set one of those up to be used instead of the mics on the Logitech?

I should start a new thread but can anyone recommend a really good video camera with external XLR microphone inputs? Phantom power (for condenser mics) would be nice, too. The built in mics in most low budget videos leave a lot to be desired. Plus, getting the mic close to the performer cuts down on room reflections and background noise. Paying extra for these features would be money well spent. As an example, I have a Zoom H4n audio recorder and when you use good external mics instead of the built in ones it is a night and day difference in sound quality. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom