An ideal amp for the U-Bass?

I likes it...I wants me one!

I likes it...I wants me one!

Yeah, me too. It's at a price point that I think is very competitive (especially for the quality of the amp) and will easily handle any acoustic gigs someone brings a U-Bass to.

Made a discovery last week while at a gig and looking for a chair to place the Roland Micro Cube Bass RX Combo Amp, which has a carry strap on top. The gig was to be multiple sets so I brought along the guitar stand. Hang the amp from the guitar stand!

Also like this amp because it is battery powered. Put in 6 AA batteries in the summer of 2012 and have played four gigs on those batteries, still doing fine. At home I plug into the wall to save the batteries.

ampStand.jpg

I just ordered an Acoustic AB50 Acoustic Electric Bass Amp for practicing and perhaps playing small venues such as churches and nursing homes. For larger venues, I can always use my York Bass Master 200 which I normally play my old Gibson EBO or my newer Fender Mustang through. That one will shake the walls! I have not heard the AB50, but I like the idea of an amp that is dedicated to the exact instrument that you will be playing through it. We'll see.

Very spiffy! For the money, I still plan on getting the Carvin 10" microbass for $299. Has 250W and can power an extension cabinet if I need "big" bass sound. Weighs around 12 lbs and has a 1" neomydium tweeter. Also plan on using it with my regular ukes and my blues harps.

Got one of the Double Four amps yesterday in white (it's available in black, red, or white). For what it is, this thing is LOUD. Unlike a lot of smaller amps that have a certain spot in the volume where it goes from being audible to farting out the speaker, this this is clear with the input and master volumes maxed. I don't see any problem taking this to a small gig or even a folk gig (and I do a lot of those).

Very spiffy! For the money, I still plan on getting the Carvin 10" microbass for $299. Has 250W and can power an extension cabinet if I need "big" bass sound. Weighs around 12 lbs and has a 1" neomydium tweeter. Also plan on using it with my regular ukes and my blues harps.

I'd be very curious to find out the RMS on that amp; I would wager that amp is closer to 100w RMS. Most amp companies give you the wattage, but won't give you the true RMS wattage, which is what you will get continuously. Either way, if you like that amp and its sound, fantastic!

I'd be very curious to find out the RMS on that amp; I would wager that amp is closer to 100w RMS. Most amp companies give you the wattage, but won't give you the true RMS wattage, which is what you will get continuously. Either way, if you like that amp and its sound, fantastic!

If you're actually, truly curious, it's not like you need a secret password to access the Carvin website. Here, I'll even get you started: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/MB10.

As for your wager, you'd lose. Badly. However, the amp is 23 lbs, not 12 lbs, as PhilUSAFRet stated, so there's that.

Got one of the Double Four amps yesterday in white (it's available in black, red, or white). For what it is, this thing is LOUD. Unlike a lot of smaller amps that have a certain spot in the volume where it goes from being audible to farting out the speaker, this this is clear with the input and master volumes maxed. I don't see any problem taking this to a small gig or even a folk gig (and I do a lot of those).

I own Carvin gear and also have a watt meter. Carvin uses true RMS in their ratings, not peak to peak or average. Carvin is a brutally honest company that I am fortunate enough to live within driving distance to test out their products, before buying. Ric

If you're actually, truly curious, it's not like you need a secret password to access the Carvin website. Here, I'll even get you started: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/MB10.

As for your wager, you'd lose. Badly. However, the amp is 23 lbs, not 12 lbs, as PhilUSAFRet stated, so there's that.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! the joys of getting older. I thought that sounded light! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom