anuenue opinions

chuck in ny

Reaction score
i guess these are physically made in taiwan? and your opinions of the make please. they look like a solid plan to get a quality mahogany ukulele as well as in koa.

I think the company is Taiwanese, but the ukes are made in China.
They seem to be nice ukes, but IMO haven't yet earned their higher price point yet.

I have a khaya II and love it, although it has a slight buzz if you strum hard (as I tend to do).

It is light as a feather and feels like butter and sounds wonderful. It is strung with D'Addario J92, which I like the feel of better than the Orca strings it came with.

Worth the $$$ IMHO

While I don't own any, I've played them at Ukulele Source. IMHO, they are of comparable quality to Kala and maybe Ohana. I can't recall if their pricing is in that range or not.

I think the company is Taiwanese, but the ukes are made in China.
They seem to be nice ukes, but IMO haven't yet earned their higher price point yet.

I agree. They are nice but they are almost the same price as a Hawaiian uke.

i guess these are physically made in taiwan? and your opinions of the make please. they look like a solid plan to get a quality mahogany ukulele as well as in koa.

Chuck, I own both the the Khaya mahogany tenor and concert aNueNue models. Both are very lightly constructed and produce a clear, bell-like tone with nice sustain. Definitely not a "barky' sounding mahogany like the Ohana Sk 38 for example, and not "punchy" like my Pono solid mahogany soprano. Excellent intonation on both instruments with a minimal bit of adjustment on my part - I set up all my instruments after purchase. My opinion based on my disapointment with both the unremarkable sound and questionable construction of the Koalana sapele is that it is a cut or two above that instrument and worth the extra money from that perspective. And Chuck, don't forget the new Gretsch G9120-SM. That is a very nice mahogany tenor with a great price to boot.

I have played some of the lower end Anuenue ukes, and I found the tone favorable compared to similarly-priced ukes, and the organic look very attractive. I know they make some higher-end ukes, which I haven't tried, but they look nice :).

thanks for the replies all very helpful.
bill mc.... i am floored that the koalana sepele ukuleles have issues. how could they be that foolish as to let them in the country that way and for the store to sell such merchandise. one or two sub par instruments in the internet age are enough to cost the company big time. !!! from the sound clips at HMS they play like pearls are being dropped on the floor and are things of beauty.
if it has to be china made it's going to be an islander for me plenty of feedback on them. the funny thing about china is there are some stellar factories and world class merchandise among the average quality stuff, and if you know what you're doing you are set.

Top Bottom