build-up on my a string?

Spuash

Reaction score
so put new Aquillas on around thanks giving. everything was going fine, i played them like crazy to break them in, now they hold a tune and everything....... BUT

on the A string i seem to get this build-up of.. well... gunk... its invisible to the naked eye, but i can feel it when i slide up and down, i scratch it off and the next day its like its back again....

could it be from the formula 65 polish i use?, could it be a build up of crap from my fingers?

im just really confused cause its making me want to change the strings again.

any thoughts?

i've nevah has dat problem
jus chenj da stringing to "ghs" strings

I put on a set of Aquilas a while back and immediately notice a rough spot about 3 in. long on the A string. It caused string noise sort of like a wound string and felt terrible. I don't recall trying to scrape it, but I wondered if it was a coating of some sort on the string. Perhaps you are seeing a similar thing? Anyway, I had another set so I immediately changed it. Never had the problem before or since.

I put on a set of Aquilas a while back and immediately notice a rough spot about 3 in. long on the A string. It caused string noise sort of like a wound string and felt terrible. I don't recall trying to scrape it, but I wondered if it was a coating of some sort on the string. Perhaps you are seeing a similar thing? Anyway, I had another set so I immediately changed it. Never had the problem before or since.

interesting... i guess you cant always get perfec strings.. i think i might just change them, but i enjoy their sound and, i have a set of martin Uke strings and D;addarios' (not the pro arte) and i dont want them to be toooo bright , even though the Uke is supposed to be bright i like warmer sounds coming out of it.

any1 else had a similar problem?

Top Bottom